Company: Relay Resources
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Not just work. Meaningful work.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our
mission is to cultivate meaningful work for people with
disabilities and other barriers. By becoming an Enhancement
Foreperson, you will join a team that proudly keeps the grounds and
shared outdoor spaces in our communities looking their best, in a
safe and effective way.
We encourage people with a disability, a Preferred Worker
Card, or other barriers to employment to apply. Please let us
know if you need special accommodations.
Enhancement Foreperson (Full-time/Day)
We’re looking for an energetic and motivated teammate to be
directly responsible for the output of their crew in all phases of
Landscape Construction and Maintenance. Project deadlines and
budgets will be coordinated with Landscape Enhancement Supervisor.
They will also assist with training of new employees that may be
assigned to their crew.
Full-time benefits, including: medical, dental, 403(b) retirement
plan, life insurance, and mileage reimbursement. Relay pays
100% of an employee’s medical, dental, and vision
- Enjoy paid time off, paid sick days and paid holidays
What you’ll do
- Working hours will be Monday – Friday, 6:30AM – 3:00PM
- Location will be Relay Resources Main Campus (Portland,
- The foreperson is directly responsible for the work performed
by their assigned crew in the field
- Performs tasks requiring a spray license or other special
- Perform physical tasks such as weeding, raking, planting,
irrigation, light masonry, carpentry, carrying materials, and
- Use landscape equipment safely and productively.
- Responsible for the proper completion of paperwork at the end
of each day.
- Assist the Supervisor in evaluations of Landscape Enhancement
Technicians assigned to their crew.
Why you’re a great fit
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These
guidelines represent some, but not all the ways you might have
acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a
demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a
different way, please apply.
- A can-do attitude and team spirit!
- Experience in Enhancement Landscaping Industry
- Extensive experience in all phases of landscape construction
and maintenance is required.
- Basic experience with masonry and carpentry
- Irrigation license
- A current Commercial Pesticide Applicators license is
preferred, but not a requirement.
- Must be able to read and understand contract specifications and
landscape frequency charts.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively on an occasional
- Ability to pass drug screening and criminal history background
check and/or fingerprinting as appropriate at any time during
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and
- The ability to pass a criminal background check and obtain
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and a trailer loaded with
Are you interested in signing up for our careers email
newsletter? If so, please use this link to sign up!
More about us
We’re a nonprofit organization based in Portland, OR,
employing more than 700 people in the Pacific Northwest. Our
variety of services includes janitorial, landscaping, document
services, and supply chain solutions, as well as managing
affordable housing. We create value for our community by delivering
quality services to our customers, good jobs to our employees, and
affordable homes to our residents.
Relay Resources is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and we welcome everyone to our team/to apply. We are committed to
cultivating a people-first inclusive culture that benefits our
employees, customers, and residents. Relay encourages a diversity
of applicants of all backgrounds and identities including
disability, race, color, religion, gender identity, national
origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military
service, marital status, parental status, age, and individuals with
a Preferred Worker Card. Let us know if you need reasonable
accommodation during the application or interview process, or to
perform the job you are applying for.
Keywords: Relay Resources, Portland , Enhancement Foreperson, Other , Troutdale, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!