Architect (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Architect is responsible for the preparation of
architectural designs and construction documents for industrial
facility interior and exterior renovations of varying size as a
part of an integrated, multi-discipline A/E team. Many of the
projects will involve investigation and design of building envelope
systems, including all components of roofs and walls.
It will also include helping assisting the owner or project
manager to define the facility requirements/program for projects in
the following areas; Advanced Technologies, Life Science, Pharma
and Food or Beverage design. This role will oversee the work of
associate architects and designers on similar projects.
- Leads the architectural design and multi-discipline industrial
and manufacturing project teams in an A/E environment.
- Defines the industrial facility program requirements based on
an understanding of the client’s production process flow and space
environmental needs derived from meetings with the Client and the
review of any documentation provided by the Client.
- Conducts code research specific to the project site, program
and proposed use.
- Prior working knowledge of code studies/evaluations for life
science facilities and/or hazardous/classified areas is highly
- Creates integrated solutions and communicates key concepts to
- Develops the base plan and coordinates technical requirements
to other engineering disciplines.
- Understands and develops design intent based on client
objectives and provides excellent client service.
- When required by project scope, researches material options or
alternative building methods in an effort to deliver the optimal
solution for the Client.
- Develops specifications and directs preparation of technical
plans and related documents for permit acquisition and
- Answers RFI’s and reviews submittals and shop drawings
throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the
- Manages and provides guidance to Architectural designers
working on the project teams.
- 7+ years of industrial/manufacturing
architectural design experience with a proven ability to lead the
facility design from the programming/concept phase through the
production of construction documents, permit acquisition, and site
implementation on multi-discipline projects in an A/E
- Highly desired is a minimum 5+ years executing industrial
projects in the advanced technologies and Life Science
Sectors. Prior food and beverage or heavy
experience is also desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of local, state and national building
- Architectural experience in the development and creation of
construction documents for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device
sectors or food and beverage industries desired.
- Knowledge/experience in design of both new Greenfield
facilities as well as renovations to existing buildings.
- Knowledge/experience in design of ISO clean rooms, labs and
processing spaces is highly desired.
- Knowledge/experience in design of cold storage and refrigerated
- Experience in coordinating design with process engineers on
industrial installations of production equipment is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and
ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Proficient computer skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
and Microsoft Project.
- We are licensed for facility engineering across the United
States. Architects can expect Up to 20% travel to project sites,
and collaboration with design professionals in other offices
- Bachelor of Architecture degree is required.
- Master of Architecture degree is desired
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Architect license required
- NCARB desired
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Portland , Architect (Design Group), Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!