Remote SEO Strategist
Company: Shero Commerce
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Shero Commerce is seeking an SEO Strategist. Your job will be to
manage ecommerce SEO for established brands, with direct
responsibility for that client's strategy, execution, and
This is a permanently remote position, with option to work on site
in our Hudson Valley, NY headquarters for local candidates.
About Shero Commerce
Shero Commerce is a full-service, global eCommerce agency
specializing in B2B and B2C technologies. With offices in New York,
the UK, Albania, and Finland, we are an international team of eager
and driven eCommerce experts. Since 2010, Shero has been building
custom eCommerce websites for merchants everywhere, including
renowned brands like The New York Times and Primitives By
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead overall SEO/organic eCommerce strategy for various
- Project management & direct, weekly communication with
- Research personas, keywords, & sales triggers.
- Perform SEO audits. Teach & implement findings.
- Design creative content marketing strategies that achieve your
- Set goals, devise plans, & prove success with data.
- Management & quality control of other team members' activities,
including outside content creation, social media, development, link
building, & publicity.
- Expect overlap with these common job titles: SEO Consultant,
SEO Analyst, Digital Strategist, Content Strategist, & Content
- 5+ years experience with SEO & content marketing.
- Technical SEO skills: audits, site architecture, experiments,
- Creative SEO skills: keywords, content strategy, linkbait,
- Possess (or acquire) related certifications like Google
Analytics, Google Ads, Data Studio, & relevant Search tools.
- Organized, great at deadlines, and leading others to be the
- Fantastic at communicating complex ideas simply and
- Write at a professional level that stays in alignment with
Shero or client brand voice.
- Must be able to work Eastern US business hours.
Not Required, but Major Bonuses:
- Bachelor's or higher in a marketing, writing, or tech-related
- Experience with servers, cloud computing, DevOps, or other tech
- Front-end web development experience (HTML5, CSS3,
- Experience with data scraping, spreadsheet wizardry, or other
- Samples of past campaign strategy, execution, and
- Experience with Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with building, deploying, and managing GTM
- Experience using Screaming Frog SEO, URL Profiler,
We offer competitive, market-based compensation. Salary is
negotiable and based on experience.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical & Dental insurance for employees and eligible family
members; 50% paid by Shero (after eligibility periods)
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation Days, Sick Days, Holidays, &
other leave, with options for floating religious holidays
Eligible after 1 year:
- 401(k) with up to 4% matching contributions
- Additional Paid Vacation Days
- MacBook Pro equipment
- A remote-first company culture with flexible work hours
- Emphasis on professional growth, including paid
- Multicultural team atmosphere, with an emphasis on including
and supporting diverse backgrounds and lifestyles
What does Shero offer?
- Support to achieve your goals. We provide training in new
skills & technologies, and actively promote peer learning through
Code Clubs and skill guilds. We reinvent areas of business
constantly (ask us about our AWS & Alexa Voice projects!), and we
have the engineering and architectural background to do it well.
Simply put, we have the processes in place to support innovative
- Limitless room to grow, the way YOU want to. Ecommerce is
exploding and Shero is growing quickly. Whether you want to lead a
tech team or become a go-to industry expert, we have a place for
you at all stages of your career.
- Organic diversity & genuine inclusion. Our team represents a
wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives. In fact,
our co-founders come from different cultures, so it's been in our
team DNA from Day 1. We go the extra mile to make sure our policies
and benefits are flexible, and our compensation is fair and
Reasonable Accommodations & Equal Opportunity Statement
Shero is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants and team members when needed. If you need a reasonable
accommodation to apply for this position, participate in the hiring
process, or fulfill the essential duties of this position, please
email our People Department directly.
Shero is an at-will, equal opportunity employer. We're a global
team that values diverse experiences across a wide variety of
Please Note: We regret that we aren't able to provide sponsorship
for US work visas at this time.
Keywords: Shero Commerce, Portland , Remote SEO Strategist, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!