Company: Johnstone Supply LLC
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job Description Johnstone Supply, North Americas leading
wholesale distributor of HVACR equipment, parts, and supplies has a
great opportunity for a Pricing Assistant to join our team. Over
the last seven decades Johnstone has grown into the industry leader
with over 450 distributor branches and 6 distribution centers
throughout North America resulting in over $3 billion in annual
sales. We work with some of the largest companies in the world,
including Daikin/Goodman, Honeywell, Emerson, Johnson Controls,
Google and Fujitsu, to provide contractors with world class
products, technical expertise and quality service.As a member of
the Product Management Team, the Pricing Assistant is responsible
for creating and maintaining product and pricing information in
internal databases to support locally sourced, special order, and
stock-numbered products; and supports efforts to improve, simplify
and standardized department processes and procedures.Position
- Collects and maintains accurate and timely product and pricing
information for product lines in all internal databases,
transmissions and files.
- Runs pivot table, data warehouse, and defined SQL reports to
assist product management, suppliers, and distributors with
accurate and timely information.
- Creates and maintains accurate and consistent Distributor
Partner communications related to product, price, and suppliers
across all media and systems.
- Ensures product, supplier and pricing changes, additions, or
deletions are effectively communicated to Distributor Partners,
Suppliers, Distribution Centers, and stakeholders within the
Corporate Office by writing bulletins following company guidelines;
uploading information; talking to stakeholders and writing
- Resolves price discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
information such as order parameters, purchase orders and
invoicing. Instructs Accounts Payable, Dropship or Warehouse
personnel of corrective action to take. Ensures discrepancies
caused by inaccurate information are corrected in the system.
- Makes changes in existing product specifications, such as
pricing changes or discontinued items. Ensures that changes are
documented, filed, and communicated to all stakeholders (i.e.
distributors, Advertising, and Accounts Payable). Completes files
and forwards necessary paperwork.
- Provides customer service to distributors and internal
stakeholders by supplying information on products, pricing, or
directing them to other resources.
- Serves as a liaison between the Product Management department
and Suppliers, distributors and other internal departments
(Advertising, Distribution Centers, and Accounts Payable).
Maintains timely, accurate communications with all stakeholders
involved in a particular issue.
- Assists with the collection of data for new vendors and
products by emailing vendor contacts with spreadsheet template to
enter new data; timely review completed vendor information for
completeness and accuracy, follow-up with vendor as needed.
- Updates and maintains all necessary product marketing and
supplier information, including copy, artwork and other digital
assets. Proofread flyers, bulletins, department correspondence,
catalog ads, and product or Supplier paperwork for completeness and
- Maintains and updates a regional database of market
intelligence by collecting and formatting data regarding market
conditions, pricing and purchasing history. Assesses product
performance and provide complete information for decision-making
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; at least 2 years of related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word,
Outlook, Access/SQL, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and other software and
systems, including: Data Warehouse, Product Information Management
systems, ERP, Pricing, Johnstone Cross Reference.
- Ability to pay attention to details, especially with numerical
data (number recognition) and proofreading.
- Ability to develop and use systems for organizing and keeping
track of information.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic
- Ability to use a variety of tools in conducting market
research, such as knowledgeable individuals, the Internet, and
competitor or industry publications.
- Ability to demonstrate considerable tact and diplomacy in
dealing with others.
- Ability to listen, interpret, and meet the needs of others,
diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Skill in communicating with others to obtain information or
assistance from them in a timely manner.
- Ability to interface with both internal and external stake
holders in communicating information.Johnstone Supply is strongly
interested in hiring a great candidate that exhibits work behaviors
& values that are conducive to building and maintaining a strong
and effective company culture. These behaviors include:
- Customer Focused: Taking the perspective of who we serve into
everything we do, anticipating their needs, and responding
- Own It: Focus on the goal and show initiative, with a sense of
urgency and pride in doing things right the first time.
- One Team: We win together, with everyone playing their role and
leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Innovate: Embracing and creating positive change to
continuously improve and developing competitive, valuable
- Engage: Seek out and share information to make sure everyone is
fully informed and aware of what they need to know to
succeed.Johnstone offers a competitive wage and benefits that
include medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k) with company
match, and PTO after 90 days. Our commitment to continuous
improvement & investment in our people is only matched by our
commitment to superior customer experience. If you are ready to
take the next step in your career, apply now.Visit our website
https://www.johnstonesupply.com/our-history for more information
about our growing company.EOE & E-Verify Participating
Keywords: Johnstone Supply LLC, Portland , Pricing Assistant, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!