Superintendent (Howard S Wright)
Company: Balfour Beatty US
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Become Part of Our TeamAs an industry leader Balfour Beatty
offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive
salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral BonusSummaryAt Howard S. Wright Construction,
a Balfour Beatty Company, we are seeking a Superintendent to join
our team in Portland, Oregon. The Superintendent is responsible for
all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors'
work. Responsible for all field activities associated with the
project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of
Safety/Zero Harm program for the job site, supervision of all field
construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Shares
responsibility with the project manager for developing the project
budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and
ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and
according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors
assistant superintendents and other field personnel.Essential
- Project Financial Responsibilities
- Preconstruction Services
- Project Scheduling (prefer P6 experience)
- Site Logistics Planning
- Project Administration, Operations, and Close-out
- Promote Customer Relations
- Promote Culture, Leadership and Employee DevelopmentMinimum
- Has led vertical commercial projects of $30 M or greater.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ten years or more of commercial construction field
- Five years of direct supervisory experience related to staff
and subcontractor management.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company
communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft
products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Ability to read plans and specs.
- Scheduling experience software application (prefer P6
- Ability to plan and maintain site logistics plans.Preferred
- High-rise experience.
- Commercial construction general contractor backgrounds.
- Previous or current experience working in a commercial
construction Superintendent role, highly desired. About UsBalfour
Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting,
at-risk construction management and design-build services for
public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing
heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique
structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how
people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates
have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a
relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and
processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero
Harm -, we are challenging the construction industry's assumptions
about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to
anyone as a result of our business.Consistently ranked among the
nation's largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record,
our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc
(LSE: BBY).Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that
recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified
individuals will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Balfour Beatty US, Portland , Superintendent (Howard S Wright), Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!