Relief Licensed Practical Nurse (Residential Care)
Company: Albertina Kerr Centers
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Multnomah County - Portland,
ORPosition Type Full Time (30+ hours per week)Education Level 2
Year DegreeSalary Range $34.50 - $34.50 HourlyJob Shift All
ShiftsJob Category IDD Residential Care We're seeking a Relief
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)for our neighborhood group homes for
people with developmental disabilities. As a ReliefLPN, you'll be
responsible for providing nursing care to the adults served in our
group home, including administering medications and treatments,
administering tube feeding, monitoring vital signs and general
health of persons served, taking doctor's orders, providing input
for nursing plan of care and individual support plan, and other and
related tasks.Join Our Team. Get a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!As a Relief
LPN for Multnomah County, you'll support all shifts, primarily
working days and evenings in this full-time position with an
estimated 30-32 hours per week.Albertina Kerr empowers people with
intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health
challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives
and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part
of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs,
services and care.All Kerr employees are required to be fully
vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious
exception prior to beginning work.Essential Duties
- Monitor health issues of people served and follow protocol and
procedures as needed.
- Pass medications and provide treatments according to Dr.s
orders and be familiar with side effects. Tube feed as prescribed.
Assure that documentation is complete and correct.
- Advise LES and PRN to ensure consistent care and that peoples
rights are met.
- Follow programs developed by Behavior Specialist, Speech
Pathologist and other consultants and specialists.
- Perform personal care duties.Benefits
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term
- Paid internal training and career development
- Paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 4% employer
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources
for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)Qualifications
- Current Oregon license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Working knowledge of medication usage and side effects.
- Good math, verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Ability to relate effectively with people served.
- Ability to meet agency driving requirements and pass criminal
- Ability to lift over 25lbs. Ability to push of pull in excess
of 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand or move about; use of arms raised in an
unsupported position; periods of twisting from side to side at the
waist; perform similar repetitive hand operations or other
fatiguing demands for over five hours per day.Required
Keywords: Albertina Kerr Centers, Portland , Relief Licensed Practical Nurse (Residential Care), Other , Cornelius, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!