Remote Retirement Administrator
Company: Mastech Digital
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Title: Retirement Administrator Location: Remote; La Jolla,
CADuration: 6+ Months
- Advising benefits leadership on matters pertaining to
retirement programs. managerial support to retirement savings
administration specialists. Serving as a main point of contact for
all. Retirement vendor relationships and partners within the HR
organization. Reviewing and resolving escalated concerns and issues
related to retirement plans and administration. Overseeing and
advising on all facets of daily plan administration including
processing of contributions, loans, distributions, hardship
withdrawals. Demonstrating working knowledge and understanding of
retirement plan administration and associated regulations and IRS
- Supporting leadership on fiscal management including budgeting
and staffing. Communicating to team members how univ. retirement
strategies drive long-term business goals through fostering culture
and improving workforce retainment. Managing relationships between
the univ. and any third parties, such as benefits consultants and
administrators, to enable retirement program success.
- Supervising day-to-day operations related to retirement plan
consultations and ensuring efficient support for team members.
Communicating critical changes in a timely manner. Coaching team
members to exhibit exemplary customer service when guiding faculty
and staff through retirement planning and completion. Performing
non-discrimination and other testing, providing strategic
alternatives for correction of failures and presenting options to
improve future nondiscrimination tests.
- Communicating with team members openly and transparently to
maintain efficiency, resolve challenges, and socialize current
progress. Communicating with HR Systems & Data Analytics team and
vendors as needed to ensure accurate data reporting and tracking.
Providing timely and constructive feedback to team members to
maintain high performance. Maintaining open lines of communication
with the HR organization and serving as main point of contact for
retirement vendor relationships. Communicating with clients and
customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Regularly reviewing and updating retirement plan strategy as
needed to ensure alignment with shifts in univ. strategies,
priorities, and needs. Encouraging junior staff to share insights,
observations, and recommendations and take calculated risks.
Maintaining currency with trends and leading practices in
retirement savings programs and administration.
- Monitoring vendor activity including compliance with service
level agreements, key metrics, and ongoing performance reporting.
Evaluating work performance of members of retirement team in a fair
and unbiased manner. Analyzing program utilization and making
recommendations on initiatives to improve cost effectiveness.
Managing, reviewing and resolving escalated retirement issues.
Demonstrating fairness, impartiality, and integrity in decision
- Developing trusting, credible?relationships?from demonstrated
ethical?judgment, behavior?and practiced confidentiality. Promoting
an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates
unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and
actions that uphold principles of the CLIENT Code of Ethics.
- Leveraging retirement programs as a mechanism to highlight
univ. culture and bolster CLIENT's reputation as a destination
employer. Communicating understanding of alignment between
retirement to overall HR strategy to direct reports to ensure a
common team direction. Demonstrating, through words, actions, and
ideas, alignment to CLIENT's strategic plan and the HR
organization's strategic plan.Job Summary:The Manager, Retirement
Administration owns the development, implementation, and
coordination of the univ.'s retirement tracks and programs. This
position will enable the strategy for the retirement department, be
responsible for the retirement plan design and associated
regulations and ensure that the retirement savings administration
team is performing at high capacity in their day-to-day operations.
Additionally, this role will serve as a project manager for key
retirement plan initiatives. The Manager, Retirement Administration
will bring exemplary customer and relationship management skills to
successfully foster a cohesive team environment and strong
relationships with univ. partners and external vendors. This role
will help enable CLIENT's vision while championing CLIENT's culture
and values.Minimum QualificationsThe candidate for the position of
Manager, Retirement Administration must meet the following
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, economics,
or another related field.
- 7 or more years of Exp. in human resources and/or retirement
- 1 or more years of Exp. leading teams in a management or
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of retirement plan
administration and associated regulations and IRS tax rules.
- Exp. in retirement saving administration in a high volume, fast
- Exp. performing all facets of daily plan administration
including processing of contributions, loans, distributions,
hardship withdrawals, and QDROs.
- Exp. performing non-discrimination and other testing and
providing strategic alternatives for correction of failures and
presents options to improve future nondiscrimination tests.
- Exp. ensuring compliance with applicable laws and
- Demonstrated excellence providing personalized customer
- Demonstrated project management Exp., providing effective
oversight from inception to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize
tasks, work independently, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong research, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving
skills and decision-making skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, or
another related field.
- 10 or more years of Exp. in human resources and/or retirement
- 4 or more years of Exp. leading teams in a management or
- Exp. in benefits administration and/or higher education.
- Ability to promote change and build understanding, acceptance
and commitment of that change
- Exp. working?closely?with senior leadership and executives,
including identifying needs, developing action plans, identifying
deliverables, and presenting results and recommendations.
- Ability to identify knowledge and resource gaps and comfort
utilizing industry trends to create opportunities for
- Track record of positive influence of department culture during
change through trust-building.
- Ability to train staff on emerging industry trends and ensure
quality baseline of department knowledge.
- ASPPA Service Provider Certification, or other similar
- Certified Benefits Professional, Certified Employee Benefit
Specialist, or Certified Compensation Professional, or other
Keywords: Mastech Digital, Portland , Remote Retirement Administrator, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!