Crescent Court - Front Desk
Company: Boys and Girls Clubs of Portland
Posted on: August 7, 2022
BGCP'S mission is to empower all young people, especially those
who need us most, to discover their full potential as caring,
engaged, responsible community members. BGCP's top priorities are
to ensure an inclusive, diverse and equitable work environment with
an uncompromised commitment to safety. We are committed to
filtering all policies and practices through an equity-based and
trauma-informed care lens. We position ourselves as lifelong
learners and seek individuals who have demonstrated dedication to
creating safe and nurturing environments. We seek individuals who
are dedicated to supporting extraordinary experiences for youth,
are exceptional team members, have an investment in our surrounding
communities, and are hungry for ongoing personal growth and
professional development. Join our dynamic team and be prepared to
be challenged, to work hard, and to participate in a vibrant,
mission-driven environment. Be prepared to fall in love with the
work we do and the youth with whom we are privileged to serve each
day. For more information on BGCP and our work visit: BGCP is
currently searching for a Youth Development Mentor-Front Desk. The
Youth Development Mentor - Front Desk needs to be very organized,
take pride in presenting a professional environment and communicate
effectively at the workplace. Any other responsibilities that
support the organization, its members and the community will be
required on a regular basis. This position is Part-Time and does
not have direct responsibility for staff supervision. BGCP staff
receive over 35 hours of professional development training each
year as you gain valuable experience in youth development and gain
administrative and customer service skills. Position
- Accurately enter members into the computer system with skill
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves the clubs
- Provide detailed descriptions of Boys & Girls Club, packages,
services, facility features and hours of operations. Maintain
- Answer the phone promptly.
- Actively promote the club, services, and programs, promotions
and/or discounts available.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal
- Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all
requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean; safe, fully stocked and well-organized work
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and
remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff
meetings for the club.
- Communicate to supervisor(s) any and all occurrences involving
staff of guests in the club that require attention.
- Contribute to the creation of the overall Club's climate for
- Provide everyday guidance to members.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date program records; including
attendance tracking, reports and grant paperwork.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members to meet program
goals and organizational outcomes.
- Provide guidance and role modeling for members to ensure a safe
and positive environment for youth.
- Accept payments and complete appropriate paperwork associated
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by
the Club Director or Youth & Family Service Manager Position
- Must be detailed-oriented and have the ability to
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service
- Must possess basic math and money handling skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing
- Excellent communication, listening and computer skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to meet schedules/deadlines while maintaining high
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and efficiently
without direct supervision. Working Environment: The job's
functions require the following physical demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach
with hands and arms. The employee must have normal visual acuity at
near and far distance with correction and hear the spoken word with
correction. High volume of personal interaction with members,
families and staff may be stressful. The noise level is usually
moderate but may increase during busy periods. Since the beginning
of the COVID-19 pandemic, BGCP has focused on protecting the health
of our communities and workforce. The current surge in cases across
the state because of the Delta variant and the resulting strain on
our regional healthcare system present us with perhaps the steepest
challenge of the pandemic so far. As a result, BGCP has, as
mandated that as a qualification of employment, all staff must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18, 2021, as allowed
by law and unless the staff receives a medical or religious
exemption. Candidates who receive an offer of BGCP employment must
provide proof of vaccination upon hire or submit an exemption
request prior to their start date. Being fully vaccinated is a
requirement for continued employment.The more vaccinated our
organization is, the better we can protect ourselves, our members,
our communities and our colleagues. Diversity and Inclusion: At
BGCP, we do not just accept difference; we value it and support it
to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. BGCP
is proud to an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national
origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state,
or applicable local law. Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may
apply for veterans' preference. BGCP gladly provide reasonable
accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them
from completing an application or participating in this recruitment
process. Please contact BGCP Human Resources in advance to request
Keywords: Boys and Girls Clubs of Portland, Portland , Crescent Court - Front Desk, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!