Company: Highland Laboratories
Location: Mount Angel
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary: Contributes to the efficient operation of the
Capsulation Department by providing beginning through qualified
skill levels in operating and monitoring capsulation machines,
resulting in the manufacture of quality products. Equipment Used:
Capsulator equipment, polishers, metal detectors, blender, scoops,
drums, scales, and mills. Physical Requirements:
- Vision, hearing, and speaking to meet performance
- Bending, stooping, climbing, twisting, walking, standing,
pushing, pulling, manual dexterity and large motor skills needed to
work with the following tools: scoops, screen, scale, mill,
blender, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and drums.
- Experience and current ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry
it up to ten yards on a frequent basis. Work Environment:
- May require mandatory overtime during peak periods or as
business needs dictate.
- Requires compliance to all department and company Good
Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operation Procedures.
- Requires ability to work in an environment that contains fumes,
dust, odors, noise, chemicals, temperature variations, and varying
levels of ventilation.
- Requires team-orientation, common sense and good judgment,
professional behavior, effective communication (oral and written),
and problem solving skills.
- Requires ability to take and follow directions, time management
skills, organizational development and improvement. Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of math, including metric weights and
- Experience with reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending
- Demonstrated reliability and attention to quality.
- Experience within vitamin / agricultural / food products
- Experience within a production environment preferred. Wage
Summary: Level 1 Encapsulator:
- Learn and practice Standard Operation Procedures (SOP's) and
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) established for the
Capsulation Department and Manufacturing areas.
- Process products using proper procedures, including proper
machinery settings, correct product weight, good product appearance
- Maintain daily production schedules by maintaining a constant
run rate of 15,000 capsules per hour on semi automatic
- Follow all safety procedures established for department and
- Maintain good communication with Manufacturing Supervisor, and
other departments regarding daily operations.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Help out in other departments when operations are slow.
- Assist with training and orientating new employees.
- Requires limited supervision to maintain production. Level 2
- Maintain Level 1 Encapsulator attributes.
- Basic understanding of all encapsulation machines. Along with
the ability to operate them all, also able to disassemble and
reassemble them as well.
- Ability to understand product formulas and help
diagnose/troubleshoot them and report accurately to R&D the
issues they are having.
- Able to work with and train others on the encapsulation
- Requires infrequent supervision to maintain production.
- Pushes standard run rates to beyond 20'000 capsules per hour on
semi automatic machines. Level 3 Encapsulator:
- Maintain Level 2 Encapsulator attributes.
- Expert on all encapsulation machines. This includes the ability
to assemble, disassemble, clean, operate, and maintain the
- Able to expertly identify problematic formulas and provide
possible solutions to improve performance.
- Offers suggestions on how to improve department performance.
This can be through modifications or process changes.
- Ability to train other to operate machinery proficiently.
Keywords: Highland Laboratories, Portland , Capsulator, Other , Mount Angel, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!