Home Care Aide - SE Portland
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: September 24, 2022
General Purpose:We are looking for -HCAs / Home Care Aides -to
join our Homecare -team and work in and around the -SE -Portland
-area. Looking to -fill Monday through Friday and weekends, Day and
Evening shifts. -Perfect for Bus riders willing to travel from
client to client.Job Benefits
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- In-Office Orientation
- OregonSaves Program
- Paid travel from client to clientJob RequirementsOur HCA / Home
Care Aide requirements include, but not limited to be:
- Home Care Aide Training to meet Oregon State Guidelines and/or
CNA license (active or expired) in Oregon
- Need the Home Care Aide Training? WE CAN HELP!!
- Medication Training (provided by employer)
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to pass Oregon State and Federal background checks
- Ability to obtain two positive work references
- Minimum six (6) months of verifiable experience providing
- Ability to occasionally lift to fifty (50) poundsWorking
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic areas serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in the patient's home.
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens, and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g.
face masks, goggles, latex, and or non-latex gloves).
- Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer
- Able to frequently carry bundles such as groceries and laundry
up or downstairs and lift with or without assistance.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm (i.e. DME supplies, knobs, or objects).
- Able to read 8 points or larger type.
- Medium physical activity that may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbsOur -HCA / Home Care Aide
-responsibilities include, but not limited to be:
- Provides for patient's hygiene, grooming, and comfort needs,
i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos, shaves,
bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and oral
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and
use of personnel protective equipment.
- Observes and report the condition of the patient/client to the
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver care and
assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers, and -exercises.
- Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to
measuring and documenting intake and output; urine specimen
collections; measurements of vital signs; and weight.
- Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings,
surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz, and therapeutic
baths under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Portland , Home Care Aide - SE Portland, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!