Maintenance Mechanic II
Company: Universal Forest Products
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Maintenance Mechanic II FULL-TIME $21.50/hr The Maintenance
Mechanic II is responsible for performing the maintenance and
repair of machinery, equipment, and tools, and the preparation,
usage, and maintenance of woodworking tooling. Duties include:
- Repairing woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand
tools, and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating
manuals, and manufacturer specifications.
- Performing regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery,
equipment, tools, and building.
- Preparing and maintaining tooling for all machines.
- Performing set-ups, tune-ups, and running equipment and machinery
around the plant.
- Ordering supplies and parts as required.
- Performing preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Maintaining records of purchase, repair, and maintenance
- Managing tooling inventory.
- Performing duties consistent with established safety rules and
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Participating in safety, CI, and other programs and meetings.
- Performing duties consistent with hazardous waste and hazardous
material handling procedures and practices.
- Preparing various reports as required. PDX-04 WS-04 Schedule
Shift start: 6:00AM Shift length: 8 hours Monday-Friday with some
Saturday's or Emergency's Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old At least 3 years of formal
on-the-job training in machine & tooling repairAt least 1 year of
experience in machine repair in maintenance.Working knowledge of
electrical, hydraulic, and control technology & welding.Working
knowledge of safe equipment practices and applicable laws, rules &
regulations.Demonstrate working knowledge of hazardous wage and
hazardous material handling procedures and practices About
Universal Forest Products Universal Forest Products, Inc., is a
U.S.-based global corporation that finds reward in its roots and
its hard-earned success. Founded in 1955 as a supplier of lumber to
the manufactured housing industry, Universal today is a
multibillion-dollar holding company with subsidiaries around the
globe that serve three robust markets: retail, industrial and
construction. Since 1993, Universal has been publicly traded
(Nasdaq: UFPI). We re headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Associated topics: automotive, diagnose, equipment, machine
maintenance, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance technician,
malfunction, repair, service technician
Keywords: Universal Forest Products, Portland , Maintenance Mechanic II, Other , Woodburn, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!