Company: Dallas Retirement Village
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a part of the Dallas Retirement Village Team, you will have
the opportunity to serve our residents first hand with kindness &
It is our Mission to demonstrate Christ's love by providing a
continuum of quality services and care to meet the physical,
emotional and spiritual needs of our residents with dignity and
We are now interviewing for Caregivers for our Assisted Living
If you are looking for an opportunity to enrich the lives of others
and you share our passion for making a difference in people's
lives, come join our team! Our residents are the reason we choose
to deliver high quality care and services in a home-like setting.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, training, and the opportunity
Have a passion for helping people? Whether you are starting your
career or a seasoned caregiver, or you simply have the heart for
helping people, then DRV's caregiver job is for you. Our seniors
are looking for trusted companions and friends who bring a passion
for helping others. Our caregivers share warm smiles while helping
seniors enjoy their daily routines and live life to the fullest.
Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have
the satisfaction of helping make seniors' lives brighter every
The Dining Services Aide's primary purpose is to perform a variety
of dining related tasks with outcomes resulting in a quality meal
time for DRV residents. These tasks are team oriented and include
some food or beverage preparation, direct meal service to
residents, and kitchen cleaning, dishwashing and general upkeep of
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
1. Serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance on
a timely basis.
2. Serves meals in accordance with established portion control
procedures, and special diet instructions.
3. Performs limited basic food preparation under the direction of
the Dining Services Team Leader and Kitchen Supervisor. Handles
food and equipment in accordance with sanitary regulations as well
as established policies and procedures.
4. Checks diet cards for appropriate and correct menu items and
5. Communicates with residents regarding their individual
preferences at meal times.
6. Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information.
7. Takes temperatures of food and ensures that procedures are in
place to provide hot food or cold food as appropriate.
8. Works with a dining services team member to provide a pleasant
dining experience for residents.
9. Sets dining room tables for meal service.
10. Cleans dining rooms and pantries after meal service and
disposes of food and waste according to established policies.
11. Performs dishwashing and cleaning according to task lists and
12. Obtains supplies for the next meal service and performs
inventories as needed.
13. Assists in maintaining properly arranged food storage areas and
14. Prepares and delivers snacks as instructed.
15. Follows safety regulations at all times. Follows established
Infection Control and universal procedures when performing daily
tasks. This includes wearing personal protective equipment when
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
*Educational and Experience Requirements: *
* No prior experience needed. On-the-job training provided.
* Must have adequate reading abilities to read and understand diet
cards, special diet menus, and other food service procedures.
*Other Requirements: *
* Must be able to deal tactfully with staff, residents and
* Must be able to follow written instructions.
* Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, and
appearance of work areas for regular inspection of food service
areas for sanitation, safety, and proper performance of assigned
* Must maintain confidentiality of resident information.
* Must attend required training and education sessions offered by
* May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment,
supplies, etc., in excess of fifty pounds with a team member or by
self throughout the workday.
* Must obtain a Food Handlers Card within one month of hire
*Other Principle Duties Include: *
Dallas Retirement Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality.
To that end, we include the following hospitality promises in all
of our community job descriptions.
*_DRV Hospitality Promises_*
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and
appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
*WORKING CONDITIONS: *
1. Subject to exposure to infectious waste and disease (HBV and
2. Will be exposed to heat in kitchen work areas and cold
temperatures in food storage/freezer areas.
3. Stands, bends, lifts and moves throughout the workday.
4. May be required to work after regular work hours, on holidays
5. May be required to work on shifts other than the shift initially
6. Exposed to slippery floors.
7. Exposed to odors.
Efforts have been made to develop a complete job description,
however; please be aware that the duties and requirements listed
herein are not the only duties, which you may be required to
perform. The omissions of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from being assigned to you if the work is similar,
related, a logical assignment to the position, or is necessary in
an emergency situation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $16.25 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Evening shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Dallas, OR 97338: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Serving: 1 year (Preferred)
* Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Dallas Retirement Village, Portland , Server, Other , Dallas, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!