Company: Albertina Kerr Centers
Location: Battle Ground
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Location Clackamas County - Clackamas, OR
Position Type Full Time (30+ hours per week)
Education Level Not Specified
Salary Range $20.71 - $20.71 Hourly
Travel Percentage Up to 25%
Job Shift Other
Job Category Employment Services
If you believe a healthy community is built by everyones effort and
you're seeking a career with variety, opportunities to teach others
and learn more about what people do and how businesses work, you'll
love being a Job Coach at Kerr!
Join our team, get a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental
disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to
lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. -
As a Job Coach, you will work with Kerrs supported employees at
their employment site to assist in learning their job tasks and
improving their skills. Your help is essential in changing
perceptions of people who experience disability in order to create
inclusivity and diversity at a variety of worksites throughout the
local area. You'll collaborate with a strong group of dedicated
team members who think outside the box to provide individualized
support for the success of the employee. Our job coach positions
are bonus-eligible, with many opportunities to learn and grow with
our team in job development, skills training, and more. This is a
great position for those interested in learning about different
social services and ways to help your community.
This position also offers schedule flexibility to accommodate the
supported employees work schedule AND your lifestyle -by offering
hours in the evening, daytime and weekends. You will also qualify
for 100% employer paid health benefits if you maintain monthly
average of 30 hours of work per week. -If you are seeking a reduced
schedule, we may be able to consider a lower time limit; however,
the necessary flexibility would not change. -
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the
requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to
- Arrive to work on time and with the tools/material necessary
for the job.
- Coach our participants at local community employment
- Assist participants in learning task as independently as
possible and work cooperatively with each persons vocational team
to create plans and/or obtain tools that would improve their
capacity to learn their job.
- Work with job seekers in pre-employment paperwork and online
- Assist Job Developer as necessary and required
- Maintain progress notes and time sheets.
- Ensure that each participants personal and medical information
is always current in their work file, discovery forms and/or relate
any changes to supervisor.
- Maintain clear communication with community employment manager
and others as part of the ISP team.
- Attend required trainings and ISP meetings.
- Relate any change and/or concerns to your supervisor.
- Complete task analysis when required.
- Communicate with business Department Manager/Hiring Manager to
assist in a successful job retention.
- Write daily progress notes and end of the month
- Complete all necessary documentation to meet billing
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term
- Paid internal training and career development
- Paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 4% employer
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources
for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- One year of developmental disability services experience or 6
months of Employment Services experience, preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to meet agency driving requirements.
- Be available to work when scheduled and based on employment of
Keywords: Albertina Kerr Centers, Portland , Job Coach, Other , Battle Ground, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!