Company: PrimeFlight Aviation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Seeking a Load Planner to join our team!*
As a Load Planner, you will assist with the planning and sorting of
loads and Unit Load Devices (ULDs) in support of our cargo
operation. Among the many duties you will perform include
inspecting ULDs to ensure airworthy condition, providing
information during pre-sort and sort production meetings, and
verifying numbers and sequences of ULDs. Our Load Planners must
understand weight and balance theory while adhering to the aircraft
operator and manufacturer requirements.
$24 per hour
*1 shift available: *
1:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Provides information to management for pre-sort, and during sort
production meetings. This includes information such as the status
of container inventory, planned containers by flight, status of
damaged containers or nets, and other special sort-specific load
- Ensures Unit Load Devices (ULDs) are in airworthy condition and
load plan reflects the current container inventory status.
- Verifies the required number and sequence for loading and
- Communicates with Sort Management and PAs during the sort to
ensure accuracy of container load quality and accuracy.
- Audits the ULD weights on closed containers and communicates
discrepancies to sort PAs.
- Monitors real-time actual ULD closed container counts to ensure
not to exceed the load plan. Communicates concerns to sort and ramp
management if adjustments are required.
- Calculates aircraft weight and balance via approved software
package, including entry of planned payload and aircraft type; this
includes checks to ensure plans do not exceed compartment limits,
lateral imbalance and maximum payload.
- Plans all cargo loading sequences and creates all cargo load
- Ensures accurate and timely load planning paperwork to include
all required weights, limits, and fuel calculations.
- Verifies all containers and container weights are accurately
input into the weight & balance system.
- Provides weight and balance and aircraft loading information to
air carrier personnel responsible for releasing flight.
- Experience in operational planning and resource allocation
- Previous lead experience preferred
- Must successfully complete all training requirements and maintain
certifications throughout employment
- Must be able to read and interpret documents
- Must be able to write reports and correspondence
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years work experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with computers and
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Air ramp experience
*We hope you are interested in joining our growing team and invite
you to apply today!*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Portland, OR: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Are you familiar with weight and balance theory as it applies to
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%1111354%
Keywords: PrimeFlight Aviation, Portland , Load Planner, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!