Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Open Until Filled (Seniority Bid: 9/15/22)
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which
support personal and community transformation.
CCC's Old Town Clinic is hiring a Health Assistant!
Old Town Clinic provides compassionate health care to people who
might not otherwise get care, treating them with dignity and
respect no matter how complex their care. Located in the heart of
the Burnside neighborhood, patients can often get all the care they
need in a single location.
The Health Assistant (HA) works as a member of a multi-disciplinary
primary care team providing integrated primary care services to
homeless and low-income patients seen at Old Town Clinic. The Care
Team is responsible for proactively managing the healthcare needs
of the patients on their assigned panel, including behavioral and
medical health needs. The HA is responsible for providing support
to the Care Team Managers (CTM) and providers on each primary care
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
Duties to include:
- Receive, document and direct patient telephone calls in a
complete and timely manner according to clinic protocols.
- Prepare prescription refills under provider orders.
- Electronically file and index clinical information into the
patient's chart in EMR.
- Obtains, processes, and documents all necessary information and
paperwork required to assist the Care Team Managers (CTM) and
providers in the provision of health services to Old Town Clinic
- Provide follow up contact in-person, or by phone, to patients
identified by CTM or other care team members for support and
management of health related issues.
- Participate in Outreach activities necessary to offer services
and engage participation in a non-coercive manner. This includes
outreach to patients who are due for routine preventive services,
patients needing follow up for chronic disease management, and
patients who have no-showed for appointments.
- Provide educational information and materials to patients
regarding available services in the community and how to
appropriately access them.
- Coordinate services with all members of the care team and the
client's support network.
- Maintain client records as required by program standards and
- High school diploma or GED required. Prefer Bachelor's Degree
or higher in health or social.
- At least one year experience working with homeless, low-income,
or other vulnerable populations in a supportive role
- At least one year experience working in a clinic setting
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, must have 2 years
of continuous sobriety from date of employment.
- Must have current CPR certification before start date.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO
accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: aseptic, biomedical, dietetic, food,
kinesiology, microbiological, nephrology, pharmacology, physiology,
Keywords: Central City Concern, Portland , Health Assistant, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!