Registered Nurse (Remote)
Company: Vynca Medical Associates PA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Our Team
ResolutionCare - a Vynca company, is a fast-paced, fun
entrepreneurial environment incredibly passionate about
transforming end-of-life care. This individual works as part of an
interdisciplinary team and is responsible for managing and
coordinating patient care, including oversight of the care plan and
provision of direct patient care. Care is provided in collaboration
with other Care Team members as described in the patient's care
Essential Job Duties/ Responsibilities
1. Patient Care
- Manages the patients assigned to their Care Team, ensuring that
visit frequencies by the RN and Interdisciplinary team are
appropriate to the patient's current acuity level and
- Communicates with patients via phone, video conferencing, and
home visits per care plan.
- Provides patient care within scope of practice and per provider
order (including but not limited to wound care, injections, blood
draws and other labs and other basic nursing care).
- Assesses and enrolls patients and as needed, completes initial
- Completes initial care plan upon enrollment and ensures ongoing
assessments, updating the care plan as appropriate.
- Manages patient's medications
- Implements medication orders and ensures that medication list
- Proactively ensures adequate medication supply
- Assists with refill ordering and collaborates with pharmacies
and outside resources when the client is unable to manage
- Provides appropriate patient follow-up and education when new
medication orders are implemented
- Facilitates requisition of medical supplies and durable medical
- Completes care coordination activities:
- Ensures that documentation is completed by the end of the next
working day, including updates to the care plan and medication
- Ensures that the patient's primary care provider and other
physicians are notified of new orders from ResolutionCare.
- Provides support, oversight, and mentorship to the CHW and/or
LVN assigned to their Care Team.
- Refers, coordinates and communicates with the Interdisciplinary
team and others involved in the patient's care.
- Facilitates advanced care planning in collaboration with the
- Facilitates referrals to outside agencies when appropriate,
including timely referral to hospice when patient meets their
- Teaches patients and caregivers about ResolutionCare services
and palliative care, including provision of educational materials
about specific disease processes and symptom management, as well as
caregiver teaching and the importance of medication
2. Assumes other duties in support of ResolutionCare's needs as
directed by the Clinical Director or Medical Director.
3. Float Nurse
- During normal working hours, has designed time spent assisting
in the coverage of patient care of other care teams.
4. Outreach 0 - 15%
- Conduct outreach to community partners to develop, improve, and
sustain relationships, including but not limited to hospitals,
referral sources, and community agencies.
- Works at all times within the policies and guidelines of the
- Willingness to use video conferencing as frequently as
- Ensures effective use of resources
- Plays an active part in the development and maintenance of good
relationships with all who have business with the Company
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of information
covering patients, staff and volunteers and is HIPAA
- Promotes the company's philosophy of compassionate
communication towards all patients, relatives, visitors and
Environmental Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Works with Palliative Care patients remotely wherever they
reside or are receiving care, including homes, skilled nursing
facilities, hospitals and residential care for the elderly
- Successfully performs the essential duties and responsibilities
of the position through the use of physical activities as described
- Regularly requires sitting, standing, walking, talking, use of
hands, listening, and observing.
- Regularly requires working at a computer for an entire shift
(with appropriate breaks).
- Regularly requires use of telephone and laptop.
- Requires use of video-conferencing technology.
- Occasionally requires reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling,
and lifting items weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Potentially performs procedures or other tasks that could
involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or other potentially
- If an in-person visit is required for a bed bound or chair
bound patient, the nurse might occasionally need to provide care
that could include providing care for bed bound and chair bound
patients, including pulling patients to the side of the bed on a
draw sheet-to a sitting position from the supine, or forward and up
out of bed or a chair in preparation for performing a standing
- Occasional travel may be required to perform job duties, attend
training, or company events and requires attendees to be fully
- Current California Registered Nurse license
- 1 year Experience in hospice or palliative care
- Minimum of one year of experience as a professional nurse
within the previous three years
- Current California driver's license, proof of acceptable
automobile insurance coverage, and reliable transportation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS
Office and the internet
- CHPN certification or equivalent
Position Location, Reporting, and Travel Requirements
- This position is virtual/remote.
- Occasional travel may be required to perform job duties, attend
training, professional conferences or company events.
- Evidence of compliance with CDC recommendations for COVID-19
and other vaccinations is preferred and may be required to support
the ability to perform job duties.
- Reports to RN Manager
- Employed by ResolutionCare
Hours and Benefits Eligibility
- Candidates able to work 40 hours per week are
- Individual working full-time (generally considered 32 or more
hours per week) are eligible to participate in our benefits program
- Health Insurance through Anthem Blue Cross (Bronze, Silver,
Gold or Platinum plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement through Vanguard (beginning early 2022) with a
match % as well, the details of which are still being finalized for
- Paid vacation and sick time accrual
- Paid holidays
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all
job duties required of the employee. There may be additional
activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for
this position that are not listed in this job description.
- Work location is flexible if approved by the company.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
- Vynca Inc, Resolution Care PC, and Vynca Medical Associates, PA
are all Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. We consider
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership
in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is
Keywords: Vynca Medical Associates PA, Portland , Registered Nurse (Remote), Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!