Company: RSG Forest Products
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Laborer ($19-21/hr starting)*
This job is as honest as it gets. Stand proud, and support your
family, working for RSG Forest Products, a third-generation
family-owned timber products company. RSG Forest Products was
founded in 1971 in Mist, Oregon. Over the years we have had
thousands of employees work with us earning a fair day's pay for a
fair day's work. We are now one of the largest timber products
companies in the Pacific Northwest.
Our business is expanding rapidly so we are looking to hire 20+
Prior sawmill experience is great but is not required for this role
so definitely apply if you think this role sounds interesting to
*Essential Information: *
* The job is based in Kalama, WA
* No experience is required - we will train you
* *We do not look at resumes online. You must come in for an
* *If you can't pass a drug test that includes marijuana, please do
* The shift is either Monday to Friday 6:00 am to 2:30 pm OR Monday
to Thursday, 3:30 pm to 2:00 am.
* Come in Tuesday or Thursday for interviews starting at 12:30
* We are located at 985 NW 2nd St Kalama, WA 98625.
* $19.00 to $21.00 per hour.
* Health and dental insurance.
* 401k with a generous match
* Paid holidays and vacation.
Promotion Opportunities: *
We are a family-owned company, not some faceless mega-corporation.
We worked our way up the ranks just like you will so we are not
just a bunch of pencil pushers. As this is an entry-level role,
there is plenty of room for advancement. Almost every senior
employee at RSG started in entry-level roles with us. Our Plant
Manager (27 years), Head Maintenance (25 years), and Foreman (12
years) all started on the ground floor and worked their way up.
Depending on your performance, and availability of promotions,
there will be opportunities for advancement.
Some employees have been promoted in as little as two weeks so
coming to work every day, being on time, and putting in a solid
day, will be recognized and rewarded.
*As a Sawmill Laborer you will: *
* Operate control panels to move lumber through the mill.
* Physically handle lumber so that every board is ready for the
* Keep the work area clean by shoveling wood chips and sawdust onto
* Clean and maintain equipment.
About you: *
* You have a safety-first attitude and a healthy respect for
* You prefer working with your hands and keeping fit.
* You prefer to be on your feet all day.
* You are not shy about putting in some hard work.
* You are punctual and reliable.
* Able to lift 50 lbs safely.
*About RSG Forest Products: *
RSG Forest Products was founded in 1971 in Mist, Oregon with the
purchase and expansion of the Olympic sawmill producing green
Douglas Fir dimension. Since then the company has expanded both its
production capacity and product line, building and acquiring
sawmills in Kalama, Washington, and Estacada and Molalla, Oregon.
Today the company is one of the largest lumber manufacturing
concerns in the Pacific Northwest, producing green Douglas Fir
dimension, kiln-dried Douglas Fir and Hem-fir dimension, as well as
Western Red Cedar fencing. Much has changed since 1971, but RSG is
still family-owned and committed to the same principles it was
founded upon. Our production capacity, flexibility, and shipping
know-how make the difference for our customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: RSG Forest Products, Portland , Laborer, Other , Kalama, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!