CT Tech - 40 hours
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- -Under direct supervision, operates CT scanners and other
radiographic equipment to produce high quality diagnostic images.
To perform all duties, including clerical duties as needed, in a
manner which promotes team concepts and reflects the KPNW mission
and philosophy.Essential Responsibilities:
- Performing diagnostic procedures, using knowledge, skills and
abilities required for age of patient served to include: routine,
emergent, biopsy, and/or special procedure examinations in
accordance with department policies and procedures. Communicate all
necessary information to other members of the health care team.
Provides service-orientated communication with the patient;
explaining procedure; answering questions. Applies appropriate
measures (ALARA principles) for minimizing radiation exposure.
- File work/Reception/computer including PACs functions.
Administering contrast media as directed, in accordance with all
policies and procedures. Protocol exams according to established
departmental directives. Assist with screening patients for
- Quality Assurance functions and troubleshoot equipment.
Restocking supplies/cleaning. Maintains general order and
cleanliness of room assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Assist with patient
transport as needed. Reports equipment malfunctions appropriately.
Participate in on-call or standby schedule as assigned.Basic
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a CT technologist within the
past 2 years or minimum six (6) months experience in an acute
hospital setting within the last year.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived. -Education
- Associates degree or higher in Radiologic Science or related
field. -License, Certification, Registration
- Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist License (Oregon) required at
hire OR Registered Radiologic Technologist (Washington) required at
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate -
Computed Tomography required at hire
- Radiologic Technologist Certification required at hire from
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Basic Life Support within 1 months of hire -Additional
- IV Certification will be obtained annually.
- Proof of continuing education.
- Mandatory Infection control education and training will occur
on an annual basis. Knowledge and skills in Infection Control shall
be evaluated annually on an oral or written bases per KPNW policy
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Ability to use and apply excellent communication and
interpersonal skills with peers and administration.
- Performs all functions at a high level of competence without
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior CT work experience using helical and/or multi-detector
- Attendance at CT and cross-sectional anatomy courses.
- Bachelors degree in Radiologic Science.
- Organizational skills, time management, prioritization,
planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making,
judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication,
interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational relations;
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Knowledge of Policies and Procedures.$10,000 Sign- on Bonus
eligible position!Job Schedule: Job Category: Imaging &
Keywords: Kaiser, Portland , CT Tech - 40 hours, Other , Clackamas, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!