Company: Western Integrated Tech
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Western Integrated Technologies is seeking an CNC
Machinist/Programmer to join our fun and dynamic Team in Portland,
Oregon. You will have the opportunity to make a strong contribution
to our well-established and growing company.Besides a competitive
salary, WIT offers:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Quarterly Bonus plans
- "WIT-Fit" Wellness Plan with Quarterly Cash Incentives
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday Time Off
- Tuition Assistance opportunities
- Internal Promotion opportunities
- A competitive mileage reimbursement program
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discount
- Life Mart Discounts through ADP As an CNC Machinist/Programmer
at Western Integrated Technologies you will be responsible for:
- Performing set up and machining operations in a fast-paced
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, charts, and
tables to perform machining operations.
- Set up and operation on a variety of CNC machine tools to
perform precision or repetitive machining operations such as
milling, boring, drilling, reaming, tapping and other
- Verifying dimensions of machined features for accuracy and
conformance to specifications using various measuring
- Maintaining product quality during machining cycle.
- General shop cleaning duties and routine equipment maintenance,
including inspection of machinery prior to operation.
- Programming and editing existing programs or prove out new
programs for CNC machine tools.
- Following all established Quality & ISO standards and
- Maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Working closely with engineering and production team to
streamline processes, tighten tooling standards, suggest, and
implement machine shop improvements, etc.
- Providing feedback to engineering and production teams
regarding design feasibility and labor estimations.
- On occasion, be able to perform minor manual machining
operations on a radial arm drill press or horizontal lathe.
- Recognizing material and choosing the appropriate tooling.
- Lifting 35+ pounds.
- Preparing and operating CNC machines to perform tasks such as
drilling, grinding, milling etc. We are looking for someone with
experience in the following areas:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-year Trade School Degree a plus
- 1-3 years CNC machining experience
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as
precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and
- Familiarity with modern programming languages
- Familiarity with the safe operation of basic hand tools and
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with HAAS CNC machines preferred.
- Ability program via MasterCAM and or InventorCAM.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (ex. Outlook). About
WIT:Western Integrated Technologies has supplied custom-engineered
solutions to many industries such as Power Generation, Aerospace,
Heavy Truck, Heavy Construction and Agriculture for 35 years. WIT
is a Manufacturer, Integrator and Distributor of Fluid Power,
Electrical, and Mechanical systems and components, incorporating
the latest software and controls. We operate twelve branch
facilities throughout the Western US, Hawaii and Guam. WIT offers
the opportunity to join a growing company and truly make an impact.
About WIT Portland:Our Portland facility is located in the modern
Rivergate Industrial District, in North Portland. Our facility is
45,000 sq. feet and was purpose-built by WIT. The facility is home
to our Engineering and Manufacturing Teams, who design and build
World-Class Hydraulic Power Systems and Electronic Control Panels
in a modern and comfortable setting. We maintain ISO 9001 and UL
Certifications and we strive for continuous improvement in a
Team-focused positive environment. PI200418756
Keywords: Western Integrated Tech, Portland , CNC Machinist/Programmer, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!