Wic Supervisor/dietitian - $5,000 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: March 18, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
This position is responsible for the management of WIC (Woman
Infant Children) Clinic site(s) and staff, ensuring quality
customer care and compliance with all relevant state and federal
regulations. Provides medical nutrition therapy for high-risk WIC
clients. Functions as an interdisciplinary healthcare team member
to assess and treat medical conditions and address individual
nutrition needs as well as strategizing toward the achievement of
goals and quality metrics.
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000 on first paycheck and $2,500 at 12
months of employment.
- Salary $69,000 - $91,000 DOE with ability to go higher for
highly experienced candidates.
100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays,
continuing education, and more.
- Coordinates clinic flow, manages clinic schedule, maintains
assigned caseload and leads achievement of clinic goals.
- Conducts or monitors nutritional screening and assessment for
clients to include anthropometric and laboratory data, collection
of nutrition history, calculation of nutrition adequacy, and
identification of drug nutrient interactions.
- Identifies or monitors desired goals and outcomes of nutrition
care in collaboration with client and health care professionals.
Considers the variables that may influence the client s food
related behaviors including culture and social determinants of
health. Evaluates and provides evidence based nutrition and
breastfeeding recommendations to address client medical needs.
Understands and evaluates client nutrition status and the
relationship to complex disease states including diabetes,
gastrointestinal disorders, food allergies and obesity.
- Hires, orients, trains and coaches direct report staff in
compliance with Nutrition Services Procedures and State and Federal
- Provides continuous performance management and conducts
employee performance evaluations. Monitors staff compliance with
procedures, requirements and quality metrics.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational
and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with
the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities
incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory
- Manages and coordinates program outreach events.
- Provides information about services to health care providers
and community partners to improve access to services, promote
participation, and provide consistent nutrition and breastfeeding
- Serves as Preceptor to Dietetic interns and students or mentors
those that are Preceptors.
- Assists in the development of Quality Assurance (QA) tools and
department procedures to monitor compliance with Nutrition Services
Procedures, State and Federal WIC requirements and/or Yakima Valley
Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) Health and Safety Procedures. Performs
QA activities and creates reports according to established
procedures. Coaches and mentors staff regarding quality improvement
- Actively participates in meetings to promote care team
collaboration and ongoing learning.
- Maintains awareness of community demographics and resources.
Connects clients and staff to resources.
- Completes documentation in the appropriate electronic medical
record to document client interaction.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in Dietetics from a U.S.
accredited college, university, or foreign equivalent. Completion
of ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and
Dietetics) accredited academic coursework in a Didactic Program in
- Experience: One year s experience in a WIC or clinical setting
preferred. This includes one year leadership or supervisory
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver s
License and proof of liability insurance coverage. Registered
Dietitian or registration eligible required (must obtain RD
credential within 180 days of employment). International Board
Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) preferred. May require the
following certifications based on location and job duties
- Licensed Dietitian (OR Dietitians - if going to bill for
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9
on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential
pay. Ability to effectively interact with adults, infants, children
in a professional manner. Must be able to collaborate with medical
professionals and have the ability to work in a fast-paced
environment. Must display flexibility and initiative, be forward
thinking, and display strong communication skills. Knowledge of
cultural differences and culturally appropriate practice. Ability
to work effectively with culturally diverse populations.
Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and Electronic
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Portland , Wic Supervisor/dietitian - $5,000 Bonus, Other , Carlton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...