Career Opportunities: IS Desktop Specialist II (23488)
Company: CareOregon Inc
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Position Title: IS Desktop Specialist II Department:
Infrastructure Title of Manager: Technical Support Supervisor
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt Requisition ID: 23488 Pay and
Benefits: Estimated hiring range $55,165 - $66,750, 5% bonus
target, full benefits. To learn more about our benefits, please
visit CareOregon - Employee benefits General Statement of Duties
The Desktop Specialist II is responsible for implementing and
maintaining corporate end user technologies and standards in
alignment with business strategies. This role is essential in
executing and maturing CareOregon's end user support model and has
input into the design of effective end user technology solutions.
This position spends substantial time supporting and implementing
IS policies and end user technologies (install and maintain).
Essential Position Functions End User Support
- Answer phone calls and electronic requests for assistance from
on-site and remote staff.
- Plan and execute workstation and phone moves, adds, and changes
in concert with facilities staff and outside vendors.
- Diagnose and resolve basic to advanced incidents associated
with application software and desktop operating systems.
- Prioritize incidents and document within appropriate tracking
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer
workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other
computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Build and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and
software with preexisting images and standard packages; install
approved non-standard software.
- Ensure desktop computers operate properly with diverse systems
including associated validation systems, file servers, email
servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and
- Update asset and license management tools with configuration
and custody changes; maintain asset management system function and
- Propose and write basic to advanced content for online
knowledge base systems.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation. Standards and Policy
- Propose requirements and standards for end user devices.
- Participate in the ongoing review of existing desktop systems
to ensure they comply with established standards and to empower
- Contribute to and/or participate in the documentation of
policies, procedures, standards, and best practice configurations
related to end user technology. Vendor Coordination and Relations
- Develop and grow effective working relationships with vendors
and related equipment suppliers, including installation and repair
- Conduct product and vendor research, and present
recommendations to senior team members and/or management. Essential
Department and Organizational Functions
- Propose and implement process improvements.
- Meet deadlines for completion of workload.
- Maintain agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork.
- Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
- Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental
- Perform other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities Required Technical Proficient knowledge, skills, and
abilities in some or all of the following areas:
- Current generation Microsoft and Mac operating systems, such as
Windows 10 and macOS
- Network connectivity and how the Internet works
- Internal operations of computer hardware
- Providing technical assistance from a remote location
- Technical troubleshooting skills
- Office productivity software, such as Microsoft Office and
- Centralized authentication systems, such as Active
- Centralized system management, such as SCCM
- Best practices in managing inventory and proactive reorder
- Professional installation of workstations on employee
- Concepts of "Software as a Service" and "Desktop as a
- Virtual desktop delivery and remote access solutions, such as
- Mobile device management platforms, such as Microsoft
- Awareness of ITIL and ITSM governance concepts Communication
- Effective communication skills, including listening, verbal,
written, and customer service
- Ability to clearly articulate policies and instructions
- Demonstrated progress in conveying appropriate level of detail
effectively to all levels of the organization including
- Ability to exercise professionalism
- Proficient ability to network and utilize internal and external
- Demonstrated progress in simplifying and presenting complex
concepts in an easily understood way
- Proactively and appropriately communicates status and needs
- Strong attention to details, deadlines and follow-through tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented,
diverse, and team-oriented environment
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation
- Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers, staff and
- Able to operate autonomously with minimal oversight
- Able to see the big picture beyond a request and takes
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work based on business need and
- Proficient troubleshooting and research skills
- Able to propose solutions
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Understands and adheres to governance and process Physical
Skills and Abilities Lifting/Carrying up to 50 Pounds
Pushing/Pulling up to 50 Pounds Pinching/Retrieving Small Objects
Crouching/Crawling Reaching Shoulder/Neck Movement More than 6
hours/day More than 6 hours/day More than 6 hours/day More than 6
hours/day 1-3 hours/day 0 hours/day More than 6 hours/day Standing
Walking Reading Hearing Speaking Clearly More than 6 hours/day More
than 6 hours/day 0 hours/day More than 6 hours/day More than 6
hours/day More than 6 hours/day More than 6 hours/day More than 6
hours/day Cognitive and Other Skills and Abilities Ability to focus
on and comprehend information, learn new skills and abilities,
assess a situation and seek or determine appropriate resolution,
accept managerial direction and feedback, and tolerate and manage
stress. Education and/or Experience Required:
- Minimum 3 years' delivering desktop support and related
services. Experience should include some or all of the
- Desktop computers and mobile devices
- User account administration in Active Directory
- Centralized desktop and mobile device management
- Providing on the phone and in-person technical support
- LAN and WAN technologies
- VoIP system technologies
- ITIL concepts and practices Preferred:
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
a related field
- Entry-level industry certifications preferred Working
- Environment: This position's primary responsibilities typically
take place in the following environment(s) (check all that apply on
a regular basis):
- Travel: This position may include occasional required or
optional travel outside of the workplace, in which the employee's
personal vehicle, local transit, or other means of transportation
may be used.
- Equipment: General office equipment Candidates of color are
strongly encouraged to apply. CareOregon is committed to building a
linguistically and culturally diverse and inclusive work
environment Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. - Equal
opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: CareOregon Inc, Portland , Career Opportunities: IS Desktop Specialist II (23488), Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...