Milling Machinist - C4808-031
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing is seeking a Milling
Machinist to join our manufacturing team in Portland, OR.Employees
in this position prepare to set-up job (e.g., production orders,
first lots, tool tryouts) or run previously set-up job by reviewing
work order, tie-in sheets, operator's or setup documents,
blueprints or CATIA plots.Position Responsibilities:
- Ensure that correct material (e.g., type, quantity), tools
and/or fixtures were issued and are free from visible defects.
- Review and perform layout for assigned work, as required.
- Identify type of set-up required.
- Check machine set-up and/or parts completed by previous
operator to determine progress on a job and ensure safe working
conditions, as required.
- Select machine accessories and holding devises (e.g., chucks,
vises, turntables, templates, probes). Verify that apparatus is in
good condition. Identify fixtures, shop aids, or templates to be
built and fabricate, as required.
- Attach machine accessories, tools, fixtures (e.g., coolant
lines, air nozzles, suction devises) shop aides and gears, using
dial indicators, edge finders, wrenches, bolts, clamps and overhead
- Load and unload work piece on mill manually or by using
appropriate equipment (e.g., overhead crane, hydraulic lift cart,
electric stacker), as required.
- Retrieve and download CNC programs to machine controller using
computing equipment and downloading from various servers/data
- Select and check cutting tools per set up sheet, application
requirement, CNC program or CNC documents. Ensure cutters are the
correct type, length, diameter, radius and are in good
- Load and unload cutters following program information or set-up
documents, using tool holders, spindle tapers, hand tools (e.g.,
wrenches, mallets, spanners) and/or overhead cranes.
- Set machine coordinates or index points per CNC documents,
including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights and probes,
using controller keyboard, coax indicator or digital readout,
height blocks, shims and edge finders.
- Run CNC programs and/or manual machines to machine rough and
precision cut parts following NC or appropriate documents.
- Adjust machine settings (e.g., speeds and feeds) to correct
machining problems or to prepare machine for next operation in
sequence, including; head, spindle, or wheel angles. Perform minor
editing of CNC programs per shop requirements.
- Remove all sharp edges from part with a de-burring tool and/or
file, as required.
- Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions, as
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., coolants,
solvents) in approved manner (per (MSDS) Material Safety Data
Sheets) using personal protective equipment as required.
- Monitor machine during operation for unusual vibration or
sounds. watch machine gauges and controller display or digital
readout for warnings.
- Visually check cutter path, clearance and chips, to ensure
- Submit part to layout for first part check, as required.
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or
completed job to ensure parts are complete per drawing and that
there are no defects (e.g., tool marks, mismatch, incorrect cutter
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.This
position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will
be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
options.The position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. -
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- Understand Statistical Process Control (SPC) applications and
interpretation of statistical results, as required.
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- 3 + years of experience operating a CNC machine i.e. CNC rivet
machine, or CNC milling machine.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- High school graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:This position
is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates
must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Shift:This is a 2nd shift position.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Union Representation:This is an
hourly position governed by the International Association of
Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.Current Boeing
employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an
Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible
candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees
submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.At Boeing,
we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract,
engage and retain the top talent. - Elements of the Total Rewards
package include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities. - Other Relevant Information:The Boeing Company also
provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a
variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance,
flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement
savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number
of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from
work. - The specific programs and options available to any given
employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as
geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of
collective bargaining agreements. Please note that the salary
information shown below is a general guideline only. -Hourly pay
rates are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as
well as market and business considerations. - -Summary pay range:
$23.00/hour - $46.58/hourEqual Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Portland , Milling Machinist - C4808-031, Other , Washougal, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!