Veterans Services Program Supervisor
Company: Transition Projects
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Details Job Location Mt. Scott (MSO) - Portland, OR Position
Type Full Time - Salary Range $27.00 - $27.00 Hourly Job Shift
Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM Job Category Veterans Services Veterans
Services Program Supervisor POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Veteran's Services Supervisor
Supervisor: Veteran's Services Manager
Location: Mt. Scott; 7916 SE Foster Rd.
Hours: Monday - Friday; some weekend and evening work required
Starting Salary: $27.00 hourly
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package
Assist in the oversight of case management services and programming
in a manner that is consistent with Transition Projects mission,
values, policies and procedures. Participate actively in the
planning, delivery, and evaluation of services. Function as the
operational supervisor of day-to-day activities, overseeing the
work of the retention case managers serving veterans. This is a
non-exempt, unrepresented full-time position.
The Transition Projects Case Management program covers three
distinct areas of participant service: Access, Housing, and
Retention. Employees hired as into this position are expected to be
able and willing to perform the duties of each of these functions
and may have duty priorities adjusted as needed. Duties may take
place at any of our service sites or off premises.
- Perform standard case management duties by assisting in the
development and implementation of individual goals and objectives
to attain stability, housing and ultimately maintain
- Provide housing case management services to people experiencing
homelessness and housing instability and carry a small
- Provide leadership, support, and positive role modeling for
case management staff.
- Perform all of the functions of case management positions,
including but not limited to: access, residential, SSVF, and
retention case managers.
- Facilitate staff and team meetings in the absence of the
- Coordinate and provide coverage for team members when they are
- Assist in developing and implementing on-the-job training and
guidance for case management staff.
- Provide support and assist staff in following policies and
- Assist with program design, implementation, and evaluation to
increase access to and efficiency of case management services, as
- Function as the operational supervisor of day to day
- Function as the managing supervisor of operations and staff in
absence of manager and director, including extended absence and
- Contribute to the selection of staff during the hiring
- Contribute to the performance evaluation of staff, including
contributing to performance appraisals, performance improvement
plans, and disciplinary action.
- Other duties as assigned
Each Transition Projects employee must:
- Acquire First Aid/CPR/AED certification within 30 days of hire
and be retested biannually thereafter throughout
- Complete Bloodborne Pathogens and Narcan Training within 30
days of hire and be retested annually thereafter throughout
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying
necessary information accurately, listening effectively, and asking
questions when clarification is needed.
- Demonstrate reliability by being present at work as scheduled,
arriving and leaving on time and taking breaks in expected time
- Interact effectively with people of diverse ethnic backgrounds,
religious views, cultural backgrounds, and sexual orientations and
treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee, with or without
accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Hearing and vision adequate for interaction with participants,
interaction with staff and interaction with the general
- Hearing adequate for telephone work. Vision adequate for close
- Hand and finger dexterity adequate to operate standard office
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, sit, reach, stoop, pull, squat,
and climb stairs.
- Sitting at a desk completing paperwork and working on a
computer for lengthy periods.
- Mobility to allow responsive traveling to participant
residences located around the metro area.
- Ability to perform CPR for fifteen minutes continuously.
The right individual for this position has a passion for helping
others and a desire to work in an organization that serves people
who are experiencing poverty and homelessness.
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years of experience in social services
(at least 1 year supervisor preferred)
-OR- 3 years of experience in social services (at least 1
- Demonstrated ability to train, lead, and provide support to
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective problem
- Demonstrated ability to interact with other agencies in
developing and providing services to participants; including
ability to advocate on behalf of participants for services with
- Demonstrated knowledge of chemical dependency and mental health
issues and appropriate treatment resources.
- Ability to identify and work effectively with property and
building managers, developing positive long-term
- Ability to provide mediation between agencies, participants,
and property and building managers.
- Up-to-date familiarity of community resources and services
available to assist the homeless.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault
issues and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of services available to assist the
- Demonstrated knowledge of services available to assist
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in the delivery
of services to participants.
- Computer literacy. Demonstrated ability to use word processing,
database, spreadsheet, e-mail, and Internet programs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and comprehensive
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate and comprehensive
statistical and narrative reports.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid driver's license, liability insurability and possession
of reliable transportation, or otherwise capable of responsive
Transition Projects, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age,
gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship,
marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, genetic information, source of income, union
participation or activities, or any other status legally protected
by applicable local, state or federal law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
Keywords: Transition Projects, Portland , Veterans Services Program Supervisor, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!