Manufacturing Tech 1 - Materials
Company: Tosoh Quartz, Inc.
Posted on: March 14, 2018
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, manufacture quartz components utilizing machine tools, hand tools and other equipment. Produce and inspect machining operations and finished products against specified tolerances using precision measuring tools. Schedule:
- 5x8 hour shifts; typically 5:00a-1:30p or 1:00p - 9:30p.
- Swing and graveyard shifts (if available) receive shift differential.
- Candidates MUST be open to working either shift. Salary:
- $15.50 per hour, DOE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate production machines equipment including saws, core drills, lapping and polishing machines and grinders. Also works with hand tools.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Produce and detail various-sized quartz (glass) parts to conform to specifications.
- Work in accordance to process procedures, work order instructions, drawings and other production documents.
- Verify part or process conformance to specification calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production with approved inspection tools, such as callipers, micrometers, height gages, pin gages and comparators.
- Perform detail work, which may include waxing, dewaxing, chamfering, acid wash or other cleaning, cosmetic inspection of parts and other similar functions.
- Assists with troubleshooting problems with equipment, devices or products.
- Maintain equipment. Detect and correct minor machine malfunctions and perform daily and monthly machine maintenance as directed.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Set up, operate and perform routine maintenance.
- Start up and shut down processing equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent; entry level position.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, hand tools, and operating equipment preferred.
- Comfortable working with and around various chemicals and acids.
- May require lifting up to 50-70 lbs, with or without an accommodation.
- Must be flexible regarding shift availability. Tosoh Quartz, Inc. offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 4% match (employees are immediately vested at 100%)
- Company paid: Life and AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Generous Wellness Reimbursement, up to $500/year
- Employee Education/Tuition Reimbursement*
- Dependent Education Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts & Perks Program
- Columbia Sportswear Employee store access *Tuition reimbursement depends on program and relevancy to career goals and individual development plan. Must be employed for 6 months before eligible. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Tosoh Quartz, Inc., Portland, Manufacturing Tech 1 - Materials, Other, Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!