Company: EVRAZ North America
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Quality InspectorCity: Portland / State: Oregon At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It's how the best ideas come to light-and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.Job Description and Responsibilities
- Inspect plate for surface defects, dimensional tolerances and flatness
- Collect and report data
- Coordinate with outside vendors
- Direct and train productions workers
- Promote safety and team work
- Able to work in an environment subject to fluctuations in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise
- Ability to read and comprehend specifications and contracts
- Ability to type accurately
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and accept changes in job duties
- Able to work independently or in team environment
- Requires close observation and concentration skills during inspection of product and operation of equipment
- Good manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and mechanical aptitude
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, accurate number identification, decimals and percentages
- Overtime and shift work required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance
- 2 years' experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Level II Ultrasonic Certification to SNT-TC-1A with minimum 1600 hours of documented OJT
All applicants must be legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
EVRAZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture steel. We also manufacture excellence, drive success and build careers for our employees. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common set of values and the same goal of creating the best possible solution for our customers.
In addition to a competitive wage and generous benefits package, our employees share in the Company's success through incentives like profit sharing. We provide opportunities for advancement and promote often from within-which means that a job at EVRAZ can take your career farther than you ever imagined.
With more than 4,500 team members in the U.S. and Canada, EVRAZ offers well-paying jobs and a comprehensive range of employee benefits. Our total compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
Keywords: EVRAZ North America, Portland , Quality Inspector, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!