Company: The Porter Portland, Curio Collection by Hilton
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Porter Hotel - Curio Collection by Hilton is a shining diamond
in Downtown Portland, and to keep up with demand, we are seeking a
LINE COOK for our amazing Food & Beverage Outlets!What you will be
- Prepare food "to order" items for customers using a quality
predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Set up stations required to service all banquet functions and
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure
not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate accordingly, making sure
that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation,
freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or
possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated
storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Anticipate all and any menu requests
- Check all food for tastes, temperature, and eye appeal.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards,
presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Constantly spot check food and quality service during all meal
periods to ensure that foods served meet our portion control and
quality standards.Perform as expeditor during peak meal
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and
- Prepare and submit requisitions to Executive or Sous Chef for
staple food items
- Adhere to hotel/kitchen sanitation standards; avoid cross
contamination of products and follow proper rotation practices to
- Adhere to recipes and food pictures to ensure uniformity and
- Consult with Executive/Sous Chef on forecasted business
- Maintain an open line of communication at all times with any
and all departments
- Follow counts/food preparation on BEO
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
and support team to reach goals.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as
the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.Requirements
- Knowledge of food preparation, menu concepts sanitation
regulations, and safety measures
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management,
- High School Degree or Equivalent. Degree from Culinary Program
preferred Minimum of 2 years experience in food preparation. -- --
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ----
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry
and have intermediate kitchen skills.
Keywords: The Porter Portland, Curio Collection by Hilton, Portland , Line Cook, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!