Maintenance Utility Worker Technician
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Company: US0052 Sysco Portland, Inc.Zip Code:97070Minimum Level of
Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:0-1
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: OVERVIEW:We offer
our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.JOB SUMMARYThis is an
Operations position responsible for checking oil, fluids, tire
pressure and fueling all equipment.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fuel every piece of delivery equipment daily.
- Check all fluid levels of power equipment daily.
- Assist the fleet shop when needed.
- Work with both fleet shop and night warehouse management to
ready equipment for use.
- Aid Wash Bay Associate as needed.
- Keep parking lot clean and free of debris.
- Support the night truck spotters to organize the truck
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.Professional
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Learn to drive and back-up tractor-trailers and straight
trucks.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.The above information on
this description has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by associates within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Portland , Maintenance Utility Worker Technician, Professions , Wilsonville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!