Rental Yard Associate
Company: White Cap
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Service and
maintain all rental equipment and prepare rental orders to go to
customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or
a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more
than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position,
HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A
requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Removes dirt, concrete, or other debris from rental
- Ensures all rental equipment is in good, useable condition
before it goes out to the customer.
- Oils and lubricates all tools, equipment and tilt-up braces
according to specifications before they go out for delivery.
- Prepares and stages rental orders to go out for delivery.
- Inspects all rental equipment for damage when it comes back
from a customer. Reports any damage according to established
- Cleans rental area and equipment on a regular basis. Nature and
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Work experience in a warehouse or as a laborer. PRID PRID145
Job Locations US-OR-Portland Posted Date 4 weeks ago (1/27/2021
12:09 PM) Job ID 2021-41024 Business Unit Construction Industrial
WC Functional Area Warehouse Remote Position? No Position Type
Full-Time White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Portland , Rental Yard Associate, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!