Company: United States Bakery
Posted on: February 25, 2021
United States BakeryAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. US Bakery requests
priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and
all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
OverviewRequisition Number: 12775 Date Posted: 2/9/2021 Location:
Portland MainAddress: 340 NE 11th AvenueCity: PortlandState: OR
Category: Warehouse Pay Rate: 19.64 Description
Franz Bakery is a privately owned, independent wholesale bakery
operating in the Pacific Northwest consisting of a group of family
bakeries, all of which were started in the 1900's. Franz produces a
variety of different bakery products including breads, rolls,
bagels, donuts, cookies and pastries that are marketed under a wide
range of premium labels. Our products, we consider, which are made
with quality ingredients and superior baking processes, are the
best in the marketplace.
Currently we are seeking a Shipping Checker to join our hard
working and fast-paced team based in Portland, OR. This team player
will ensure our Franz Customers have the best products on their
Shipping Checker will perform shipping and receiving duties in a
fast-paced manufacturing environment. Shipping Checker will pull
and organize orders according to product ordered and prepare the
orders for shipping. Hours will vary based upon production needs
and are not guaranteed.
SHIFT & HOURS: New employees will be assigned to any work day:
Monday through Sunday; and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard
based upon production needs. A set schedule of days and shifts will
be based solely upon the union bid process.
- Will read orders and load trays of bakery product onto
transport dollies or pallets as per order.
- Physically shuttle transport dollies to designated staging
areas for eventual loading into transport trucks.
- Assist in the loading of transport trucks with transport
- Worker must be able to constantly stand and walk on concrete or
wood surfaces, including transport trailer beds.
- Frequent pushing and pulling of transport dollies and carts is
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching,
lifting, carrying is required.
- Repetitive use of both upper extremities for loading transport
carts with bakery product trays.
- Frequent to constant handling and grasping of bakery product
trays, transport dollies, carts, etc.
- Additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned. Minimum
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Previous experience in similar production line duties at a
large commercial or artisan bakery is preferred.
- Work experience in other similar industrial, manufacturing or a
production-line environment may substitute.
- Ability to work in a high temperature environment supporting
fast paced machinery.
- Ability to quickly learn new job tasks and flexibility to work
in different jobs as needed.
- Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any
- Must have reliable attendance to meet employer's attendance
standards for 24/7 production facility.
- Adherence to company core values.
Keywords: United States Bakery, Portland , Shipping Checker, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!