Company: AKS Engineering and Forestry
Posted on: April 10, 2021
AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a
construction inspector in our Tualatin, Oregon office. This is a
full-time position working closely with AKS project managers,
project engineers, and project surveyors and coordinating with
on-site contractor personnel. The focus of this position is to
provide field inspection during construction activities to ensure
infrastructure projects are being built according to plans and
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- 3+ years' experience in the construction/engineering industry
- AS in Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology, or BS in Civil
Engineering, Construction Engineering Management, and/or Forest
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI)
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical
information, orally and in writing, in a professional manner to
contractors, fellow employees, outside consultants, governmental
agency representatives, and City officials.
- Proficient with the use of a computer and/or tablet as required
to fulfill the duties of this position.
- Possess a current driver's license and safe driving record.
Must be able to be insured to drive an AKS vehicle
- Considerable skill in reading and interpreting construction
drawings, plans and specifications, and contract documents
- Knowledge of building construction, materials and methods.
- Knowledge of public works inspection methods.
- Ability to perform required mathematical computations.
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple and conflicting
deadlines, and establish priorities.
- Takes personal responsibility for completing quality work
within budgets and timelines.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations
relating to construction, inspection, safety and traffic
- Ability to prepare, organize and maintain inspection field and
office data, reports and systems.
- Physically capable of moving about on construction work sites
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working with the Project
Manager/Project Engineer, the following tasks will be assigned:
- Reading and interpreting construction plans and
- Inspecting and documenting the construction progress of
streets, earthwork, pump stations, and/or utilities to ensure
compliance with contract documents, specifications and building
- Preparing Construction Inspection reports
- Managing construction related issues either directly or working
with the AKS Project Manager and client
- Reviewing field staking
- Completing projects and special assignments as requested
- Managing own schedule to be present at staged inspections,
meetings, and meet deadlines
- Representing AKS through communication with contractor,
municipal agents, and client
- Measuring and quantifying construction work/materials with
emphasis on documentation
- Reviewing contractor billing to client and verifies billed
- Attending pre-construction meetings
- Acting as a liaison between AKS Project Manager and
- Doing what needs to be done
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that
provides professional consulting services to municipal and private
clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique
combination of services including civil engineering, surveying,
planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture,
water resources, and forestry. With this combination of
professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that
allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when
viewed from a single perspective. We have an established,
broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate
developers, architects, government agencies, public service
providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and 25
years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to
our clients. AKS is consistently ranked as one of the largest
engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan area. Despite our
growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain
our focus on quality. Visit our website at for additional
information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique
work environment that is professional, friendly, casual,
hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal
responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above
all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after
place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one
of the Top Workplaces of 2018 and 2019. We specifically place our
offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster
response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most
employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with
clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has
allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a
valuable asset and everyone's voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive
compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers
page of our website for more information on all that AKS
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AKS Engineering and Forestry, Portland , Construction Inspector, Professions , Tualatin, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!