CDL A Truck Driver - Home Daily!
Posted on: November 22, 2021
UNFI is a critical link in North America's food supply chain.
Join our growing Centralia Distribution Center leadership team and
immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional,
natural, organic, and specialty products in the United States and
Canada. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Apply now!
We offer an $8,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
As a Class A CDL Driver for UNFI, you will support the Ridgefield
Distribution Center by delivering palletized products to corporate
and independent retail stores. The essential functions and basic
duties of the CDL Driver are to perform pre and post-trip
inspection of their vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and
effective loading and handling procedures. As a Delivery Driver,
you are also responsible for delivering and unloading products,
reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders
for the correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support
documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into
on-board computer, and completing paper logs if necessary.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment,
including tractor-trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load
bars, and other devices which assist delivery
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing
accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure, reporting
any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while
completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and
correspond precisely to the initial order
Who should apply?
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier
Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's
License, Class A
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test
Required skills and experience:
- Prefer minimum of one year verified experience operating a
- Must be 21 years of age
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and
- Understanding of UNFI's safety standards
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of shipping and receiving functions
- Good time management skills
- Strong computer skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: UNFI, Portland , CDL A Truck Driver - Home Daily!, Professions , Ridgefield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!