Night Shift Forklift Operator
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Forklift Operator will transport incoming freight to
inventory from staging areas for storage in the appropriate slots,
on the multi-level racks in the assigned warehouse area and
replenish / re-stock pick slots in a timely manner ensuring all
safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality standards
are met and to maintain the efficient flow of the production
process. Functions as a team member within the department and
organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best
serve the company.Responsibilities:* Follow all preferred work
methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines.
Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or
* Review work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain
supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations.
Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety
* Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location
and company guidelines.
* Work from receiving sheets, computer print-out, established
procedures and practices, written and /or verbal instructions.
* Locate and perform count check of incoming freight in the staging
area and transport to freezer with forklift / pallet jack.
* Inspect items for damage, perform temperature and quality checks
and take appropriate action as needed.
* Locate proper slot on storage racks, set pallets in place with
forklift or hand stack items, enter product data and location into
* Replenish pick slots with outgoing stock items according to next
day's work orders.
* Rotate date-sensitive stock to the front of the rack and / or
remove out dated out of date inventory according to company
* Disperse over-stocked items to available slots for temporary
* Remove empty pallets, cardboard packing, and strapping to the
proper area or receptacles.
* Inspect empty pallets for damage, stack and move pallets with
pallet jack or forklift to the proper storage area.
* Perform general housekeeping duties in work area as needed.
* Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged
batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist.
* Perform other similar duties as requested or assigned by
* At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all
necessary paperwork.Performance Foodservice offers:* Generous 401k
company match* Employee purchasing perks* Education Assistance
available* Vacation, Sick and Personal Paid Time Off* And More!
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Portland , Night Shift Forklift Operator, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!