Company: Salt & Straw
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Maintenance TechnicianBe the happiest part of people's day at
our Portland Central Kitchen & Support Center!We started Salt &
Straw because we wanted to build a strong community with our team,
our guests and our partners. As the Maintenance Technician, you
play an important role in taking care of our team and creating a
strong community throughout your interactions with our entire
organization.Position Description: The Maintenance Technician is an
important role in our production facility because it ensures all
equipment is operating in a safe and efficient manner with minimal
downtime. This person is responsible for maintenance and repair
activities across the entire facility. Additionally, this person
will suggest operational improvements and be committed to all food
safety, quality, housekeeping, and employee safety
practices.Essential Responsibilities:Perform diversified duties to
install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility
equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive
maintenance systems support the achievement of the site's business
goals and objectives. Eliminate or control hazardous conditions
resulting from equipment or machine operations which may lead to
injury and/or property damage.Approximately 80% of this position is
completed with the production or warehouse environment with
approximately 20% of this role completing administrative
paperwork.Responsibilities will require activities outside of
normal business hours and requires the Maintenance Manger to be
on-call for urgent circumstances.This is a working manager
position. The Maintenance Technician may need to complete physical
maintenance or repair tasks.Essential functions of this job
include, but are not limited to:Responsibilities:1. Facility and
- Conduct machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs, and
preventative maintenance service. If necessary, identify and
schedule the correct repair or maintenance service provider.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic
troubleshooting and repairs when capable.
- Perform a variety of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines,
equipment, and plant facilities.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required
maintenance and service.
- Provide scheduled maintenance as well as emergency/unscheduled
repairs of production or facilities equipment as required.
- Develop and implement systems and controls to ensure compliance
with quality standards.
- Design, document, and implement methods for testing and
inspection of machines and equipment.
- Maintain calibration records for mechanical and electrical test
- Conduct proper inspection of machines and equipment to ensure
- Coordinate larger repair and maintenance projects with
Production Managers and the Director of Logistics for timely
- Recommend methods, materials, and layouts for improvement based
on maintenance and production needs and capabilities.
- Ensures all work areas are organized and orderly.
- Maintain accurate records of projects and tasks with concise
reporting as requested.
- Negotiate contracts for purchase of new equipment or
maintenance contracts/service with vendors.
- Work successfully with part and equipment vendors.
- Maintain preferred maintenance contact list for CKOR.
- Install or oversee installation of new equipment.
- Maintain a database of equipment and warranty information.
- On-call for urgent matters.2. Material Management
- Maintains inventory of materials and supplies.
- Receives and organizes all incoming goods.
- Ensures that incoming shipments are inspected upon arrival,
damaged products are rejected, shortages are recorded, and issues
communicated to Purchasing to rectify damages and shortages.
- Stores and organizes received materials.
- Coordinates periodic counts of maintenance materials and
supplies for business accounting purposes.
- Maintains 98%+ inventory accuracy. Develops tools and directs
work in support of timely resolution of inventory
- Ensures complete, accurate, and timely completion of needed
transactions.3. Safety and Quality
- Maintains a safe/injury free work environment.
- Enforces safety policies to insure a safe working environment.
Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Ensures GMP compliance and safety procedures are followed.
- Detects food safety, food quality, and general safety
- Reports work related injuries, near misses, and unsafe or
concerning working conditions as needed.
- Conducts regular workplace audits to ensure compliance with
standard work, department safety, food safety, and all company
procedures.4. Financial Acumen
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all work orders, the
associated costs of repairs, and timelines to completion.
- Track repairs and confirm they are completed in a
cost-efficient manner. Ensure warranty coverage. Track long term
- Monitor spend against budget. Advocate for capital expenditure.
Plan annual maintenance budget.
- Report maintenance issues, trends, and overall costs to
- Develops strong working relationships across departments.
- Leads by positive example in all communications and
- Takes accountability for the teams' performance with immediate
corrective action to resolve all issues.
- Is prompt with correspondence and communication.
- Escalates issues with a proactive approach to solve
- Creates, communicates well thought out plans and follows up on
- Assists other departments, as necessary.This job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.Core Competencies: To
perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
- Self-directed with organizational skills; ability to
prioritize, work effectively under pressure and to meet
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance methods, techniques, and
- Able to establish, communicate, and implement team goals and
- High integrity and ethical.
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment with
flexibility to work extended hours.
- Working knowledge of Gmail, Docs, Word, Excel, and
- Perform a variety of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
- Use a variety of hand and power tools during performance of
- Food manufacturing experience and at least 3 years of prior
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship or AA degree in
mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Language skills: Ability to speak, read, and write
- Math skills: Ability to work with percentages and fractions.
Ability to convert units of measure.Work Environment:
- Work is performed in a warehouse or production/kitchen
environment with limited climate control.
- The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures (coolers,
- The employee will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical
- The noise level is usually moderate but can vary.Physical
Requirements in a Day: Seldom Occasionally Frequently Continuously
N/ASit XStand XWalk XBend XSquat XCrawl XClimb XKneel XPush/Pull
XOverhead Reaching XLift/Carry:1 - 10 lbs. X11 - 20 lbs. X21 - 50
lbs. X50 - 100 lbs. XSalt and Straw ValuesCreate The
UnbelievableShow Up GenerouslyAct With Thoughtful CuriosityShare
Human KindnessMake It CountWe can't wait to meet you!Salt & Straw
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified
individuals. We will consider all people - minorities, women,
veterans and individuals with disabilities no matter their sexual
orientation or gender identity. Salt & Straw will consider giving
opportunities to qualified individuals with criminal histories when
it aligns with federal, state and local statutes.#INDSJ
Keywords: Salt & Straw, Portland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!