Senior Analyst (TS/SCI) - Remote (California)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to
security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on
the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive
technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades
of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to
deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiants
approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient
cyber security programs and instillsconfidence in their readiness
to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
If you have a strong background in cyber threat research and
analysis and are looking to be at the forefront of technical threat
intelligence tracking, then we want to hear from you! The
successful candidate should be an independent, critical thinker,
skilled in using data to solve analytic problems and adept at
satisfying intelligence requirements under tight deadlines. This
role supports Mandiants Advanced Intelligence Access (AIA) program.
The AIA program enables customers, via an onsite (remote in some
cases) Senior Analyst, access to the totality of Mandiants Threat
Intelligence, to include raw data. Each Senior Analyst ensures the
delivery of actionable intelligence to each customers security or
operational environments in order to drive decision making and
decisive action. The Senior Analyst also acts as a conduit to
FireEye Mandiants extensive network of cyber security, threat
intelligence, and information operations professionals. This is an
onsite, client facing position. Remote work is not authorized.
- Evaluate current and emerging tools and best-practices for
tracking advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and
procedures (TTPs) of attackers motivations, industry and attacker
- Perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and
analysis of adversarial cyber threats.
- Correlate intelligence, to develop deeper understandings of
tracked threat activity.
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat
groups, the methodologies they use, and the motivations behind
- Work with customers to determine their intelligence needs and
- Convey both verbally and in writing the importance of findings
for a variety of audiences.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and reports to the clients
executives, security team, or fellow analysts.
- Ability to work with little direct oversight.
- TS/SCI clearance.
- 5 + years of experience in an analytical role (network
forensics analyst, intelligence threat analyst, or security
- 5 + years working in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems / Operational
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the
ability to present to a variety of internal audiences including
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on
short term and long-term projects.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and
execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Ability to set and manage expectations with senior
stake-holders and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships.
- 5+ years of experience in evaluating host and network forensic
reports of electronic media, packet capture, log data analysis,
malware triage and network devices in support of intrusion analysis
or enterprise level information security operations.
- Excellent knowledge of adversarial cyber actors, to include
tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies,
including: Windows, Linux, Network architecture / implementation /
- Experience conducting analysis of firewall technologies, proxy
technologies, anti-virus, or spam and spyware solutions (Gateway
- Experience in working with threat modeling systems.
- Experience utilizing open source tools for analysis.
- Masters or other professional degree preferred.
- Malware/security experience and experience with FireEye
products, highly desired.
- Experience working in a investigative or incident response
- Experience working in or with the US Navy preferred.
- Program management or business experience.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining
diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
This position is remote, but will require someone to come on-site
to Port Hueneme, CA one day a week.by Jobble
Keywords: Mandiant, Portland , Senior Analyst (TS/SCI) - Remote (California), Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!