Warehouse Order Selector - Up To $1,500 Sign On Bonus- Sysco
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Company: US0052 Sysco Portland, Inc.Zip Code:97070Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of
Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage:
0IMMEDIATELY HIRING Warehouse Order Selectors up to $75,000/year
**NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
- Up to $1,500 sign on bonus!!!
- Hiring immediately
- Earn up to $75,000 per year including base, overtime, and
- Industry-leading total rewards package
- On-the-job training with career growth opportunities
- No college degree or previous warehouse experience
- Overtime opportunitiesJOB SUMMARYWork in a Sysco warehouse and
be a critical member of the foodservice supply chain. Warehouse
Selectors pick orders for delivery to foodservice venues in the
- Active, physical role that includes operating an electric
pallet jack, and/or forklift
- Organizing and palletizing product to build customer ordersSafe
working environment, working in areas with temperature and humidity
variations based on local weather conditions and type of product
being selected (i.e., non-refrigerated, refrigerated, and frozen.)
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of
fluctuating temperatures, including dry, cooler, and freezer.
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to create
labels and correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets following proper selecting procedures
(for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out,
- Engage an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to transport
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and
immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to sanitation requirements to comply with the policy set
forth by the company and by AIB (American Institute of
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all
- Shrink-wrap product on the loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- 3 months' warehouse experience preferred.
- 3 months' experience operating an electric pallet jack or
- Previous experience at Sysco or in the food service industry
- 18+ years of age.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background
Check, Physical Abilities Test).Professional Skills
- Ability to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established
through an engineered production standard.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift,
in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the product, placement, and
inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates
to the job and the safety regulations.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100
- Regularly reach up to 72 inches.
- Constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or
forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.Working
ConditionsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and
- Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity
variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the
environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by associates within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of associates assigned to this job.BENEFITS
INFORMATION:For information on Sysco s Benefits, please visit HOW
WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: ayudante de almacen y reparto,
ayudante de produccion, coordinator, logistics agent, logistics
technician, operator night, trainee, warehouse agent, warehouse
Keywords: SYSCO, Portland , Warehouse Order Selector - Up To $1,500 Sign On Bonus- Sysco, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!