Residential Recycle Route Driver
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Arrow Sanitary, a Waste Connections Company is looking to hire a
safety conscience Residential Recycle Route Driver to join the team
in Portland Oregon. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus
! This is a Residential Recycle Route, Shift is Monday-Friday
5:30AM and ends when route is Complete generally 9-11 hrs/day.
Union Starting rate of pay is $28.55/HR.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are an integrated solid
waste services company that provides solid waste collection,
transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more
than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers
across 43 States, The District of Columbia and 6 Canadian
Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the
Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America", 3 Years in a Row
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
What we offer:
- Union Benefits Include Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Pension plan.
- Yearly Boot Allowance of $300.00 Per Year
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,750
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to Comprehend Route Tablet and service each customer
identified or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as
checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and
unloading, at times with no helpers 700+ Customers Containers per
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load Recyclable
Containers at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other
miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 5:30am to
3:30 or later, with an occasional Saturday's as needed, Standard 45
hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent
wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and
vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-
and post-trip inspections.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Portland , Residential Recycle Route Driver, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!