Lead II, Construction
Company: RCN Telecom Service, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company- Wave BroadbandPosition Overview: Astound Broadband
Powered by Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Construction
Lead III in our Portland, OR office. - This position is responsible
for playing a vital role in ensuring quality and timely
deliverables of our services building fiber to our customers. -The
primary position responsibilities will include, but are not limited
- Identify fiber routes, building entry, and internal routing
requirements necessary to complete the project.
- Delegate permitting to permitting team or third-party
- Assess both engineering and construction project costing using
contractor matrix and issue work to contractors using RT.
- Issue work orders to internal and external resources while
following established company processes and procedures.
- Accurately update costing in financial systems to reflect
current costs and to compare and evaluate versus approved
- Develop, coordinate and execute project schedules with
contractors, property management, customers, vendors, internal
stakeholders, municipalities and government agencies.
- Inspect active construction projects to ensure that we are
following company, municipality or government agency guidelines,
and any other relevant guidelines related to the installation of
- Complete post construction plant walk-out including as-builts
necessary to fulfill company standards, utility and local
- Coordinate and participate in various internal
meeting/conference calls including Kick-off Meetings, Sales
Meetings, Weekly Team meetings and Customer Conference Calls to
ensure communication and alignment of initiatives, information
sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Assist in training and support for Fiber Construction Lead
- Serve as a market neutral SME on fiber construction solutions
and best practices.
- Identify permitting authorities based on proposed routes
including; municipalities, government entities, utility owners and
any other agencies who have authority over the right-of-way in
which we are proposing to construct.
- Complete necessary permit applications and request checks as
needed to fulfill permit requirements.
- Visit permitting authorities to turn in applications, pick up
permits, obtain status, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.Our ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of construction management experience.
- Ability to mange and complete multiple projects; amounts of
projects, sizes, complexity, budget value, duration, etc. will
increase with each level for Fiber Construction Lead I through
Manager, Fiber Construction.
- Advanced understanding of proper safety construction
- Advanced understanding of fiber route planning and engineering
for building entry and network expansion projects.
- Advanced understanding of the permitting process for railroad,
DOT, cities, counties and pole owners.
- Advanced understanding of fiber splicing and installation
- Advanced understanding of network topology.
- Advanced knowledge of fiber optic principles and
- Advanced understanding of GIS.
- Ability to build and establish effective relationships with
municipalities, government agencies, property management, vendors,
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Ability to track and analyze data against project
- Strong critical-thinking, attention to detail and time
management skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without
- Ability to provide training and support for Construction Lead
- Ability to live within 30 miles, or maximum of 1-hour commute
during regular commuting hours from the assigned territory.
Territories are defined by management and can be altered at any
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance with a satisfactory
driving record.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods.
- Must have ability to frequently use repetitive motions of the
wrist, hands and/or fingers.
- Must have ability to operate standard office equipment, to
include personal computer, telephone, copier, facsimile machine,
- Must have ability to communicate verbally by phone and in
- Must have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal,
reading, transcribing and analyzing data and figures.Is this the
career opportunity you've been searching for? - Yes? - Then let us
know about you - apply now!QualificationsEducationRequired:
- High School Diploma or equivalentDiverse Workforce /
EEO:Astound Broadband Powered by RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each
other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and
our community. - We are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and
related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and
mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information (including
characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.EducationPreferred
- High School or betterEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: RCN Telecom Service, LLC, Portland , Lead II, Construction, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!