Company: Streimer Sheet Metal Works Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $18 - $20 hourPosition Summary At
Streimer, we are a company of problem solvers, committed to being
the answer to our customer's needs. As a company we value teamwork,
finding solutions, personal accountability, and an unwavering
commitment to safety. Founded more than seventy years ago, we are a
premier supplier of sheet metal products, systems, and services.
One important role within this company is the Shipping Coordinator.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting Streimer's
goal of 99+% correct deliveries through effective coordination of
materials from the shop to our customers in the field. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not necessarily limited
- Verify load completeness and content based on fabrication and
- Organize and plan loads for next business day based on volume
- Load and unload raw materials for fabrication.
- Sort manufactured material into designated areas by job.
- Maintain clear access to designated areas or walkways.
- Package material for shipment.
- Occasionally deliver product in company vehicles.
- Receive, verify and record materials, communicate receipt and
coordinate getting product to final location. Qualifications
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
- Highly organized, with the ability to anticipate needs and plan
work in advance.
- Familiarity with the use of hand tools needed to package
materials for shipment.
- Prior experience operating forklifts.
- Prior experience loading trucks.
- Prior experience operating class 5 trucks with 24-foot flatbed
- Prior experience hauling trailers.
- Current CDL a plus, but not required.
- Ability to pass DOT physical exam.
- Must have and maintain clean driving record.
- Proven team player with prior experience working in a warehouse
- Ability to communicate with shop and field personnel to
complete shipping needs.
- Ability and commitment to follow all applicable safety
- Must be able to lift 35 lb on a daily basis.
- Must be able to spend 90% of the work day standing or
walking.Work HoursThis position's normal work hours are
approximately 5:00 am to 1:30 pm Monday through Friday, working
approximately 40 hours per week. Compensation / Benefits
- Range of $18 – $20 depending upon experience.
- Position includes full medical, vision and dental coverage for
employee, spouse and dependents (100% paid by company).
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan participation beginning July 1st
following date of hire.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right
to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
Keywords: Streimer Sheet Metal Works Inc, Portland , Shipping Coordinator, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!