Material Handler (Rotating Shift)
Company: ASC Steel Deck
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
We are hiring and we want you to be part of it! We are hiring for
12-hour rotating shift schedule. About us:ASC Steel Deck is a
leading supplier and manufactures a complete line of structural,
floor and roof deck that has been fully tested and evaluated for
commercial construction applications for the construction market in
the Western United States. ASC Steel Deck supplies structural, roof
and floor deck solutions to commercial and industrial markets which
are sold through an established network of knowledgeable brokers,
deck sub-contractors, steel erectors and steel fabricators.ASC
Steel Deck is part of the BlueScope group of companies located in
12 countries and employs over 14,000 employees. As a leading
international supplier of steel products and solutions, principally
focused on the global building and construction industry, we
believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and
inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure
continued, sustainable success.Visit
www.ascsd.com/careers/kalama-jobs for more information. Who are we
looking for?If you enjoy working with people who are practical, put
your safety first, and care about the communities in which they
work, then ASC Steel Deck is the place for you. In this position,
you will work with a dynamic and supportive team and contribute to
the success of our business. We are looking for someone with
experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas of
production and material handling duties. Job Description
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of
containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks,
and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish
- Monitor the quality of the material that is picked from the
lines and staged in the yard.
- Document and track movement of material as outlined in the
- Assist machine operators as needed with die/raft changes.
- Follow all safety policies and guidelines to include good
- Subject to all miscellaneous work-related duties requested by
- Employee must follow all company rules and regulations.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Works extended hours, outside of regular shift schedule, as
required by operational needs.Qualifications
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Experience in a high-volume production environmentPreferred
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with shipping and material handling
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead craneKey
- Ability to read measurements from tape measure, micrometer and
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and
written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic arithmetic skills with use of a
- Ability to scan, verifies, and accurately interprets documents
used to stage orders, or load trucks
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with
- Experience with offloading production equipment, particularly
long length material preferred Working Conditions/Special
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those
found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to
manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn,
talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type,
kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds. Work
- The work environment is constrained to a standard,
unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
occasionally exposed to floor hazards, machine hazards, and hazards
associated with driving a forklift. Minimum Qualifications:
- Flexible to work various shifts including days, swings and/or
graveyard, and required daily or weekly overtime as needed.
- Undergo and pass a physical examination and drug screening
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and
responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job.
Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance
measurements are set at the department level.The benefits are just
as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we
offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term
disability, paid time off, and retirement. EEO
Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected VeteranBlueScope is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status
as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: ASC Steel Deck, Portland , Material Handler (Rotating Shift), Professions , Kalama, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!