Heavy Equipment Shop Technician
Company: Pape' Machinery, Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
PAPE MACHINERY, INC. - CONSTRUCTION & FORESTRY DIVISION -
PORTLAND, OR HEAVY EQUIPMENT SHOP TECHNICIAN: Position will
diagnose and repair John Deere equipment and allied products in the
shop. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not
- Analyzing and diagnosing (troubleshooting) equipment
malfunctions or failures.
- Repairing, replacing and/or rebuilding engines, transmissions,
final drives, steering, clutches, cross shafts, hydraulic
components, electrical systems and air systems.
- Welding and fabrication as required.
- Determining correct parts needed to complete the task and order
in a timely manner from the Parts Department, as well as, returning
all unused parts in a timely manner.
- Communicating in a courteous and effective manner with
customers regarding all aspects of the work being performed.
Applicants must have 10 plus years experience working on all makes
and models of heavy equipment. Must be assertive, a self-starter,
and able to work without direct supervision. Must have own tools.
Why work for Pape :
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience
- Outstanding benefits including - 401(k) Retirement Plan with
Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance;
Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and
Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online
and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training
- Advancement - Pape is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization
with a focus on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation - Pape is a family-owned,
fourth-generation company with over 130 locations, over 3,600
members and 80 plus years of experience. Pape is known for their
stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment - We have the largest equipment inventory in the West
and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact - Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice
will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training - You will be provided with training and mentoring to
prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your
skills. The Pape Group maintains a drug-free workplace and as such,
requires candidates to successfully pass a pre-employment drug
test. Behaviors Required
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
integrity Motivations Required
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside helpEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Pape' Machinery, Inc, Portland , Heavy Equipment Shop Technician, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!