Material Handler II
Company: Johnstone Supply LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description Johnstone Supply, North America's leading
wholesale distributor of HVACR equipment, parts, and supplies has a
great opportunity for a Warehouse Material Handler to join our team
at our Portland distribution center. We're a national company but
operate like a family business – you're not just a number at
Johnstone, you're an important part of our team! We offer Regular
Full-time status Warehouse Associates a starting wage of $19.50 -
20.50 per hour plus eligibility for quarterly incentive bonuses,
and benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD,
401(k) with up to 5% company match, 3 weeks of PTO within the first
year, and a safety shoe allowance. We're proud to offer 1st and 2nd
shift, Monday – Friday schedules. Some weekend overtime when we're
busy, but that's an opportunity to earn more money!Johnstone Supply
is invested in the growth and development of our people and we're
hiring individuals who are also interested in growth. We provide
training and advancement opportunities to those who have the desire
and capability to take their performance up to the next level. Many
of our warehouse team-members have been promoted to higher levels
of responsibility and compensation. Our commitment to continuous
improvement & investment in our people is only matched by our
commitment to superior customer experience. If you are ready to
take the next step in your career, apply now.Position
- Fills store orders by picking orders according to section
number, packing items into cartons and stacking them in a manner
that minimizes shipping damage, entering items into scan gun, and
completing necessary paperwork.
- Documents the shipment of hazardous materials by labeling
cartons correctly and completing necessary paperwork.
- Prepares orders for shipment by: preparing trucks for
shipments; palletizing and wrapping orders; loading pallets and
pieces into trucks; placing packing list in last skid; and
completing necessary paperwork.
- Maintains current department accuracy and efficiency standards,
and follows department standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment by working in a safe manner,
following current Distribution safety rules, and maintaining a
clean work area by breaking down cardboard, picking up loose trash
or boards, and keeping carts clean.
- Completing any additional tasks or duties designated by the
Distribution Center Supervisor. Position requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); previous
warehouse experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work in a safely in all job tasks.
- May require the ability to operate power equipment effectively
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while maintaining
attention to detail.
- Ability to get along with others in the workplace.Johnstone
Supply is interested in hiring great candidates that exhibit work
behaviors & values conducive to building and maintaining a strong
and effective company culture. These behaviors include:
- Customer Focused: Taking the perspective of who we serve into
everything we do, anticipating their needs, and responding
- Own It: Focus on the goal and show initiative, with a sense of
urgency and pride in doing things right the first time.
- One Team: We win together, with everyone playing their role and
leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Innovate: Embracing and creating positive change to
continuously improve and developing competitive, valuable
- Engage: Seek out and share information to make sure everyone is
fully informed and aware of what they need to know to succeed.Visit
our website https://www.johnstonesupply.com/our-history for more
information.EOEMonday - Friday1st shift Receiving - 6:00am -
2:30pm1st shift Shipping - 9:00am - 5:30pmMonday - FridayReceiving
- 6:00am - 2:30pmShipping - 9:00am - 5:30pm
Keywords: Johnstone Supply LLC, Portland , Material Handler II, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!