Construction Worker/General Laborer
Company: FiberTel LLC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
*Job Description - Construction Worker/General
* 893 N 450 W Springville, UT 84663*Satellite Offices: *
* 1195 N Spring Creek Place Unit 4D Springville, UT 84663
* 2520 W 500 S Salt Lake, UT 8410
* 14199 N Thayer St, Rathdrum ID 83858
* COMING SOON - Vancouver/Portland Area FiberTel, LLC. locally
grown in Utah's Art City and has rapidly expanded over the
Northwest, Work could be performed in Washington, Idaho, Utah,
Oregon, and Montana. As an advocate for economic growth in the
state of Utah, Idaho and Washington, we understand the business of
conveying information. With all that is happening in our state and
nationwide, we are seeing different ways of life, work, and school.
The increase in work from home and online school has put a strain
on internet providers and their bandwidth. Internet Providers are
relying heavily on us to continue the construction and installation
of fiber optics to ensure that internet service goes uninterrupted
for the people of our communities. We are a utility construction
company, with a specialization in the installation of fiber optics.
We offer a full turnkey experience for our clients. For our
employees, we offer rewarding benefits including; medical, dental,
and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and 401k (with
company match). *Job Description Overview: * We are looking to hire
outstanding *Telecommunication Construction Laborers*. THIS IS AN
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. In this role you will support all phases of
utility construction for various types of telecom projects. Duties
will include general labor duties related to telecommunications
construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor. Services may
include placing poles, anchors and guys, aerial strand and cable,
direct buried pipe, trenching cable, conventional and directional
boring, placing underground conduit systems, performing inside
wiring, cabling, and testing and maintenance services.
*Responsibilities: * All phases of telecommunication construction
include but are not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery,
digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight
of construction materials and equipment.
* Hand dig using shovel, mechanical tools.
* Install and maintenance of underground telecommunications
* Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery.
* Working in congested or remote areas.
* Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all
moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe
coordination of movement.
* Perform general construction work under direction of
* Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all
regulations, procedures, and policies.
* Learn all aspects of crew and assist the operator and foreman as
* Setup, preparation, and cleanup of construction sites.
* Develop an understanding of buried utilities
* Lift heavy equipment and supplies *Qualifications: *
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background
* Possess a valid driver's license or be eligible and willing to
obtain the required license for the position.
* A good driving record is required.
* Basic knowledge of and ability to operate various types of
utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner.
* Basic knowledge of and ability to hand tools and equipment in a
* Class A Commercial Driver's License is a plus (Higher wage scales
apply to CDL holders).
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees,
* Willing and able to work in all weather conditions. *Preferred
* Previous construction experience, preferably in the
* Able to perform all duties in telecommunication construction
* Ability to travel. *Working Conditions: * This is a full-time
hourly position, expected to work at least 40 hours per week. This
position operates in an outdoor environment and is regularly
exposed to outside weather conditions including; extreme cold,
rain, sleet, snow, humidity, high temperatures, and high wind. The
outside work environment will vary throughout the day including
changes in terrain, traffic, urban settings, and/or rural settings.
This position may occasionally be exposed to natural gas and to the
risk of electrical shock. Exposure to moderate to loud noise
levels. *Physical Requirements: * The employee will need to have
the ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 12 hours at a
time), tolerate work in extreme weather conditions, speak and hear
worksite safety instructions, withstand prolonged and repeated:
lifting, standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching and feeling,
crouching, and crawling. The employee will need to be able to
regularly lift 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Benefits Include: *
* Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Holidays and Vacation
* Competitive Pay *\** *Pay is based on the knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the employee.* Applicants are required to pass all
company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to
all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training
provided by the company as required - Our Company is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran
status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any
applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The
Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's
policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws
respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring
decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the
Law poster and the Supplement. ( The Company also does not consider
criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories. Applicants
applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose
arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions. FiberTel, LLC
Job Type: Full-time Pay: From $19.00 per hour Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift License/Certification:
* Driver's License (Required) Work Location: Multiple Locations
Keywords: FiberTel LLC, Portland , Construction Worker/General Laborer, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!