Posted on: September 24, 2022
TriMet is hiring Maintenance Workers in Portland, OR!
Maintenance Workers maintain the cleanliness of District vehicles,
buildings and grounds. Service and park vehicles. Use and service
parts, vehicle, and facilities cleaning equipment.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional
behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate
safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work.
Perform related duties as required.Serve as a good steward of
TriMet by regularly utilizing our transit system to maintain a
strong and current understanding of customers' experiences and of
TriMet's product and service offerings.
- Competitive Compensation! $19.45/hour
- Automatic pay increases every 6 months
- Great Benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Wellness Program; Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401A with 8% Company Contribution
- Free Transit Pass (Hop Pass)
- Great Training Program
- Growth and Advancement with Multiple Career paths
- Fuel, monitor and record fluid levels, vacuum interior, wash
exterior, and park vehicles.
- Clean the interior of vehicles; remove graffiti, clean exterior
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of District shops,
stations, shelters, benches, park and ride lots, track way, and
- Use power and hand implements, using chemicals to accomplish
the above when necessary.
- Sign-out vehicles for service, exchange and transport fare
- Attach and remove snow chains, under the supervision of a
- A minimum of a High School Diploma (GED) or equivalent is
- A minimum of one (1) year demonstrated experience in
maintenance, mechanical, automotive, diesel, electrical,
janitorial, or a related field is required.
- At a minimum, applicant must be 19 years of age and possess a
valid and active driver's license for the past three (3) years.
Safe driving record, meeting the established criteria:
- Ability to obtain and maintain Oregon intrastate CDL Class "B"
(available at age 18) or Washington interstate CDL Class "B"
license (available at age 21), with passenger endorsement and no
restrictions on airbrakes.
1. Ability to safely operate district vehicles, servicing equipment
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees, supervisors, vendors, consultants,
and the general public, including those from culturally diverse
backgrounds, the elderly, persons with disabilities and/or other
3. Ability to measure fluid levels, read meters and post data
accurately to record.
4. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written
6. Ability to be punctual and maintain regular attendance.
7. Ability to work outdoors in cold, rainy and inclement
8. Ability to work assigned shift (day, evening, graveyard) and
locations throughout the Metro region.
9. Ability to obtain Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
permit prior to start date.
10. Ability to pass the required post-offer job-related physical
and drug screen for this position. Associated topics: building
maintenance, dig, hardscaper, labor, lawn, maintenance,
maintenence, surface, tree maintenance, tree pruner
Keywords: TriMet, Portland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Newberg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!