Production Control Clerk (Onsite In NE Portland)
Company: Aston Carter
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Description:Lead the successful execution of work orders
throughout the manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will use
a hands-on approach to generating and issuing orders to each
assigned production area. They will use effective communication
skills to coordinate and provide data to production planners and
operations leadership on the status and performance of the
department against the production plan. They will collect, compile,
and interpret production results in a timely manner to provide
feedback regarding any variances or discrepancies found.
Additionally, the production control clerk will take an active role
in leading the creation of documentation for any rework activities
within their assigned departments.
- Works with production planning controller to receive daily &
weekly production schedules.
- Generates, organizes, prioritizes & releases specific
production work orders for each assigned work center.
- Collaboratively works with operations shift lead and
supervisors to ensure all adequate resources, and materials are
available to start upcoming scheduled work.
- Communicates, alters, and reprioritizes scheduled work orders
as necessary to achieve monthly MPS.
- Manages and communicates exceptions to scheduled work to
production planning department.
- Collects all completed work order documentation and scrap
- Manages the delivery of all scrap logs to material flow team
and aids in investigating discrepancies.
- Validates accuracy of each work order, ensuring produced
quantity is accurate and to plan, production hours are valid, and
all operations steps are reported as finished. Adjusts quantities
and hours when errors are found.
- Marks each production order closed and sends daily report to
finance dept. for approval.
- Primary point of contact for operations regarding work orders,
and any relevant questions or needs including but not limited
- Work order package printing.
- Work order queue and staging.
- Reprinting of lost or damaged travelers/coversheets/scrap
- Generates all work orders and material requirements for all
- Works daily with operations to manage rework queue
- Works within D365 to create production orders and production
BOM's if required for rework items.
- Communicates with production planning controller on all
generated orders for proper scheduling requirements.
- Works with material flow team to ensure rework items, and all
needed materials are available at time of scheduled work.Additional
- Participates directly in the cycle count process.
- Participate in the year end physical inventory process as
- Help facilitate Special Make Up (SMU) products and New Product
Introduction (NPI) pilot builds by helping to assign resources, and
track production throughout assigned areas.
- Provide any requested support to planning team as needed to
support production and overall business needs.Skills &
- Action Oriented - Take on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy , and
- Collaborates - Build partnerships and work collaboratively with
others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Develop and deliver a variety of
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus - Build strong customer relationships and
deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Make good and timely decisions that keep the
organization moving forward.
- Drives results - Consistently achieve results, even under tough
- Ensures accountability - Hold self and others accountable to
- Instills trust - Gain the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Manages ambiguity - Operate effectively, even when things are
not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Optimizes work processes - Know the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet
commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Resourcefulness - Secure and deploy resources effectively and
efficiently.Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 or more years prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Fluent office and computer skills, including but not limited
to, ERP systems (Dynamics 365), MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word.For
more information contact Morgan at or About Aston Carter: Please
Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you
via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from
you. At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to expanding career
opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business.
Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join
our team across a range of positions - from recruiting, sales and
delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have
the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is
rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless. Established in
1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm,
providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than
7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and
more than 200 offices, we extend our clients' capabilities by
seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today's
workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative
solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit . Aston
Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a
reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of
the job application process or interviewing process due to a
disability, please call or email for other accommodation options.
However, if you have questions about this position, please contact
the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The
Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this
Keywords: Aston Carter, Portland , Production Control Clerk (Onsite In NE Portland), Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...