Company: NetSpeed LLC
Posted on: March 20, 2023
We're seeking an experienced Network Architect to plan and design
the future network. The Network Architect is responsible for
overall service provider network technology strategy and planning.
This position includes responsibility for vendor recommendation,
design, and planning for significant network deployments and
upgrades. This position works closely with Planning and Design
Engineers on network deployment and implementation planning. This
position also works closely with OSP Engineering on fiber network
design. This position collaborates with organizational leaders to
understand business impact of technology decisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for planning new network deployments
- Responsible for planning evolution of voice and data network to
enhance service offerings and reliability
- Responsible for overall IP, Optical, Transport, and Access
Network design and planning
- Plans and designs complex network augments and rearrangements
to the existing network.
- Network Planning - responsible for long term planning, and
- Capacity planning - Utilize capacity data to make projections
and anticipate needed upgrades
- Focus on product roadmaps to constantly improve the value of
our service offerings for our customers and hold vendors
accountable for deliverables, including by not limited to technical
specifications, implementation specifications and service delivery
- Vendor selection - equipment and technology specification and
- Develop and document high level standards for service
- Work with internal technical teams for product placement and
feature improvements for reliability, availability, and
- Audit and assess network against customer requirements and best
- Remote access design, network security design
- Provide technical assistance and support to other teams for
major systems improvements.
- Mentor and train team members and coworkers in new
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expertise in Service Provider IP voice systems and SIP
- Experience designing and specifying Fiber Access network
- Experience with DWDM, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet
- Experience with Cable TV and DOCSIS technologies
- Experience with design, planning, maintenance of IP Networking
and Routing solutions in a service provider environment
- Experience with design, planning, installation and maintenance
of Carrier Ethernet and Optical Transport solutions in a service
provider environment required
- Knowledge of industry standards and best common
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal
computer, copier, fax, two-way radio and telephone
- Problem solving and network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various
business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work with numbers and calculations and create
budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required
- Travel throughout the northeast frequently required
- Occasional travel to various company properties required
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; 2 or 4 year degree preferred,
with a minimum of five years of technical telephone utility and
- Prior management experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: NetSpeed LLC, Portland , Network Architect, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...