Company: MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Posted on: May 27, 2023
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions ("MacMiller") we . As the
Northwest's leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver
and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for
commercial buildings. With over 1000 employees across 11 offices -
there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and
inspired.We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our
customers' expectations and . Our clients trust their toughest
projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction - Engineering, fabrication and install of
mechanical systems for new projects following lean construction
- Special projects - Retrofits and mechanical repairs for
existing buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduled preventative maintenance ensuring tenant
comfort, and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performance - Control systems, fault detection, energy
services and remote monitoring People love to work at
MacDonald-Miller, and it's because we all share the same
- - Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is
our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every
team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help
us meet our common vision.
- - We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We
execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following
through on our commitments.
- - Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than
hardhats and boots, it's an attitude and the environment we create.
Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- - We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek
to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together
we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and
- - We are committed to continuous, . Innovation is how we stay
an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better
- - Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too
seriously. It's possible to be both serious professionals and
good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Controls Engineer: This is where you come in.We're looking for a
Controls Engineer who will perform hardware engineering, software
engineering, and network level commissioning for Building
Automation Systems on new construction projects and existing system
retrofit projects. The Controls Engineer will use practices and
develop processes to ensure cost-effective controls engineering
while consistently providing excellent customer service and
ensuring all work complies with state, local, and federal legal
requirements. This position will work with Sales to support the
technical attributes of project development and scoping, and works
with Mechanical Engineering to integrate the controls design with
the mechanical design and project construction documents, as well
as supporting the field operations and energy teams to successfully
incorporate enhanced efficiency strategies into control design
sequences.Top 3 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- Provide advanced technical support on application or
implementation issues, and serve as knowledgeable company resource
in building technology application engineering
- Performs complex engineering and supports network commissioning
as required on assigned projects
- Works with project teams across all departments to ensure
timely delivery of engineering deliverables in order to
successfully execute projects on time and on budget The Controls
Engineer role reports to Troy Johnson / Operation Manager on a
collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives
to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts
with all levels and functions within the organization.Your
Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?You should
- Demonstrated experience with existing building controls
migration engineering inclusive of project scoping, owner
presentation, hardware and software engineering, start-up, and
- Experience in DDC Controls Engineering (Honeywell and Siemens
Talon web-based products/applications preferred!)
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
in mechanical or electrical systems And everyone you work with
should describe you as---
- Hard worker
- Always learning, to keep up with industry standards and
- Strong communicator, goal-oriented And you should be motivated
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a
ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you'll
be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to
innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for
dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program. Where you will workOur Portland
office (12911 NE Airport Way, Portland OR, 97230) which is 5
minutes from the Portland Airport and Cascade Station and not far
from the Downtown corridor, in the heart of the city buzzing with
indie boutiques and a creative dining scene ranging from eclectic
food trucks to high-end seafood bistros.Interested in learning
more? Click Apply to start the conversation!MacDonald-Miller
Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, Portland , Controls Engineer, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...