Consultant, Archaeology (Associate Level)
Company: Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Consultant, Archaeology (Associate Level) page is loaded
Consultant, Archaeology (Associate Level) Apply locations Portland,
Oregon Bellingham, Washington Seattle, Washington time type Full
time posted on Posted 6 Days Ago job requisition id R00019178 ERM
is seeking highly motivated Consultant-level Archaeologist to join
our global consulting firm as part of our Cultural Resources
Services team. This is a full-time, salary-based position that can
be based from a local ERM office or fully remote. Applicants are
preferred to be local to the Pacific Northwest, as well as be
familiar with the relevant regional regulatory processes (i.e.,
federal, state, and municipal). Pacific Northwest archaeological
field experience is highly desired. Successful candidates must be
flexible and responsive to a challenging and changing work
environment where schedules and tasks fluctuate according to the
needs of the projects and clients. Based in the Pacific Northwest ,
the successful candidate will provide technical assistance for
archaeological desk and field studies for clients within the United
States. - RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Conduct research and writing for cultural resource heritage
components of Washington SEPA and Governor's Executive Order 21-02
(formerly 05-05), NHPA Section 106, and NEPA documents for projects
for private and government sector clients.
- Perform literature review, field reconnaissance, field surveys,
and excavation for archaeological studies.
- Interact with various State Historic Preservation Offices, the
Washington Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, and
access online cultural resource databases.
- Lead and supervise staff during fieldwork.
- Perform research and write technical reports.
- Provide technical consulting skills to support the growth of
ERM's business and client base in the area of archaeology and
- Interact with other ERM practice areas to share
multi-disciplinary resources and best practices across the
- Represent ERM through communications and at meetings with
state, federal and local agencies.
- Communicate regularly with clients via email and phone
- Assist with preparing proposals to meet client needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely
related field of study plus 3 to 4 years of related paid
- Demonstrated experience completing inventory, survey, testing,
and/or data recovery.
- Must have strong attention to detail in documentation of
- Experience interacting with regulatory agency personnel
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated business development abilities.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of Great Basin, Northwest Coast, and Columbian
Plateau culture areas.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be locally available for projects.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to field sites
that will be located in and out of state.
- Must be able to walk long distances (up to ten miles per day)
in varying terrain under adverse conditions, including inclement
weather, wildlife encounters, and able to lift and carry up to 50
lbs., and able to excavate shovel tests.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate
motorized vehicles. Desired Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely
- Registered Professional Archaeologist.
- Oregon SHPO-qualified Archaeologist.
- Ability to be listed on BLM cultural resources use
- Previous experience with mapping equipment and other special
application equipment (e.g., total station, GPS, etc.).
- Previous laboratory materials processing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented; resourceful.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Self-motivated; strong initiative.For the Consultant,
Archaeology position, we anticipate the annual base pay of $60,008
- $70,286. An employee's pay position within this range will be
based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant
education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills,
geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales
or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We
also may have instances where employee's fall outside of the range
based on the factors noted above. This job is also eligible for
bonus pay.We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid
time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other
benefits to eligible employees.You can apply for this role through
https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers
portal if you are a current employee.Note: No amount of pay is
considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned,
vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus,
commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to
a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion
unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole
discretion, consistent with the law.Who We Are: As the largest
global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the
world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to
sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities
that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for
future generations. At ERM we know that creating a diverse,
equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of
making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our
diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for
our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports
clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize
sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in
addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social
issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach
for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop
strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the
ground or at the executive level. Please submit your resume and
brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted
candidates will be invited for interviews.ERM does not accept
recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our
jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.ERM is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. - Thank you for
your interest in ERM! Similar Jobs (4) Senior Consultant,
Archaeology (Associate Level) locations 3 Locations time type Full
time posted on Posted 6 Days Ago Principal Consultant, Archaeology
(Mid-Senior Level) locations 4 Locations time type Full time posted
on Posted 6 Days Ago About Us ERM is a leading global provider of
environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and
sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading
organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to
understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this,
we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories
working out of more than 160 offices. For nearly 50 years we have
been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry
sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental,
health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve
include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and
Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our
clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist
them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our
planet. "The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to
support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals.
Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an
expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies
achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts
wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even
more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work
on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in
our business. Sustainability is our business. E RM Homepage
Keywords: Environmental Resources Management (ERM), Portland , Consultant, Archaeology (Associate Level), Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!