Senior Manager, Regional Fleet Maintenance
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Solutions driven success. XPO is a top ten global provider of
transportation services, with a highly integrated network of
people, technology and physical assets. At XPO, we look for
employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in
all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of
experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future
for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity,
join us at XPO. As the Senior Manager, Regional Fleet Maintenance
you will report to the Director, Divisional Maintenance and guide a
staff of maintenance personnel at multiple shop locations to ensure
XPO vehicle maintenance programs are executed in an efficient and
safe manner as well as supporting the rollout of new processes and
procedures designed for continuous improvement. The position is
responsible for the guidance of maintenance processes and
procedures on company owned equipment in a defined geographical
area. Pay, benefits and more.We are eager to attract the best, so
we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package,
including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision),
401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to
participate in a company incentive plan. What you'll do on a
- Travel to and monitor multiple shops for efficiency, safety,
financial controls, and maintenance compliance.
- Review repair quality of work by XPO employees to reduce
breakdowns and increase equipment uptime.
- Work with and guide shop managers to meet KPI's
- Inspect equipment at non-shop locations for proper vendor PM's
- Inspect maintenance records for all company owned equipment at
both shop and non-shop locations for DOT compliance (8300's, PM and
FAI forms uploaded to M5, etc.)
- Monitor Service Centers for proper, timely and cost-effective
maintenance practices including proper pre and post trip
inspections by DSR's.
- Observe, mentor, develop and review the performance and
progress of mechanics and all hourly shop personnel. Ensure SRT's
are met, and Indirect and Direct labor goals are met.
- Minimize the time that equipment is out of service.
- Reduce OSR cost by scheduling more work to XPO shops for
- Know and comply with pertinent DOT regulations (FAI compliance
8300 compliance, etc.)
- Screen repair vendors and ensure they follow XPO Logistics
repair policies and expectations.
- Train and coach hourly & management personnel in proper
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time in various
locations that may be outside.
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes & weights (up to 50lbs.
frequently and greater than 75lbs. occasionally).
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb,
push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job
duties. What you need to succeed at XPO:At a minimum, you'll need:
- 5 years maintenance and transportation management or equivalent
- Knowledge of heavy-truck or automotive mechanical and
- Experience managing fleet maintenance programs
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel at least 50%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Valid driver's licenseIt'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to
organize and effectively present information Be part of something
big. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status. All applicants who receive a conditional
offer of employment may be required to take and pass a
pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties and skills for this job
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Keywords: XPO, Portland , Senior Manager, Regional Fleet Maintenance, Professions , Clackamas, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!