Quality Control Analyst
Company: Health Wright Products
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Quality Control Analyst to join our expanding organization. We have a 23 year history of significant growth but feel we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential in the expanding US Nutritional Supplements market. This position, in our company, in this environment, offers a challenging opportunity and growth potential.
Position : Quality Control Analyst
Pay : DOE
Shifts Available :
Float, 11am-7:30pm, Monday - Friday. Please note that this is a "float"position. The regular weekly schedule will be 11a-7:30 pm (M-F). The expectation is that the person in the role would have the ability to cover other shifts when needed. Coverage may be planned or unplanned. We are a 24/5 facility. Production shifts are 6a-2:30pm (M-F), 2pm-10:30pm (M-F), and 10pm-6:30am (Su-Th).
Swing, 2pm-10:30pm, Monday - Friday
Average weekly hours 40-45 hours, overtime may be required based on business needs
Job Summary of the Quality Control Analyst :
The main responsibility of this position is to review documentation, approve, and release into production all incoming raw materials used within the dietary supplement manufacturing process. Additional responsibilities include the review of all documentation and, analytical results, for release of finished product. This position works closely with the customer service, purchasing, and production groups to resolve any raw material and final product discrepancies. This position also supports the QC Manager with any quality control and quality assurance issues within the organization. This position does not include laboratory work.
Essential Functions include:
- Per established procedures, document, review, and release for use, all raw materials, packaging, and labeling supplies used within the manufacturing process for dietary supplements.
- Per established procedures and guidelines, review relevant documentation, provide certificates-of-analysis, and release all finished products for shipment to customers.
- Supervise and review production functions as a Quality Control representative.
- Support manufacturing by troubleshooting and helping to resolve internal out-of-specification processes and conditions.
- Perform necessary analysis per established procedures as in-process checks throughout the production process.
- Support manufacturing with assignment of raw materials, packaging, and labeling during the production process.
- Perform Packaging Inspections of incoming material, compare material to internal specifications, perform tests, record results and fill out non-conformance reports as needed.
- Responsible for documenting any internal non-conformances and out-of-specification conditions, investigating the root cause, recommending corrective actions, and making appropriate decisions for resolving such non-conformances and out-of-specification conditions.
- Communicate effectively regarding any non-conformance issues in a timely fashion to customer service, purchasing, and other appropriate staff.
- To have an understanding and ability to run basic analytical tests as needed.
- To support the QC Manager during the investigations for any non-conformances.
- Able to provide training and guidance as necessary per established procedures.
- Facilitate the development of methods and procedures for the quality control/quality assurance group.
- Assemble and process any raw material and finished product samples for contract laboratory analysis.
- Review and approve all contract laboratory analytical results.
Education/Qualifications of the Quality Control Analyst :
One of the below criteria must be met
- A.S. degree in Food science, Biology, or Chemistry & 2 years--- experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within quality control
- B.S degree in Food science, Biology, or Chemistry
- 4 years--- experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within quality control
Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, pet insurance, and life insurance plans.
In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
Keywords: Health Wright Products, Portland, Quality Control Analyst, Professions, Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!