Company: Foster Farms
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Company DescriptionFoster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.Job Description--- Maintain, repair and operate the packaging equipment of the plant, to include various types of automated wrapping, boxing and packaging equipment (e.g., film wrappers, box formers, box sealers, cut up machines, scales, conveyor systems, computerized weigh and pricing systems and various other systems and equipment.)
- Troubleshooting equipment problems and breakdowns. Welding and fabrication as needed for equipment repair, maintenance and equipment installation/removal.
- To ensure that all systems receive proper lubrication and perform preventative maintenance as required to all equipment for plant reliability. Will also maintain plant records as required.
- Will assist other plant personnel in various areas of the plant as needed. Will perform all jobs and tasks in a safe, productive and professional manor, and ensure that good housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain, repair, troubleshoot, operate and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment (e.g., film wrappers, box formers, box sealers, cut up machines, scales, conveyor systems, computerized weigh units, pricing systems and various other systems and equipment).
- Welding, fabrication and installation/removal of equipment.
- other duties as assigned by a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Enter appropriate log entries, assisting in other areas of the plant as required. Maintain safety, housekeeping, sanitation and disease control requirements while performing job duties. Assist with ordering materials and supplies.Qualifications--- Must have three years of related mechanical experience and or training in drives, conveyors, gearboxes, automated packaging systems, material handling and or other similar equipment.
- Must have two years of basic electrical and electronics experience and or training.
- Must have two years of experience with various types of welding, cutting and fabrication processes.
- Must be self- motivated and able to work in a wet, cool and sometimes unpleasant environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to read and write in English and have good math skills.
- Must have a demonstrated history of dependability, particularly with regard to safety and attendance.
- Must be able to lift containers weighing 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work from ladders and elevated platforms.
- Must be able to work in confined places.
- Must be willing and able to work various shifts, over time and
non-standard work times.
- Must have own tools.Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
Keywords: Foster Farms, Portland , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Kelso, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!